Callis

This chapter WILL contain spoilers to do with 'The Last Ever After' and some of the books after that so please read them before this chapter because I really don't want to spoil the books for anyone.

As the door closed Reaper jumped up onto the table. He let out a meow and began to eat Agatha's soup.

It was funny to think that, for all their differences, Agatha and Sophie still managed to find each other. I couldn't help but imagine if Agatha had only gotten Sophie's looks as well as Stephan's nature. Then it wouldn't be so hard for her to believe that she wasn't a never; because she is an ever.

And if Sophie ended up looking like her mother and acting like her as well, Vanessa would have thrown her onto the street so she could become an eight. There Sophie would have died. Agatha would have too if had not rescued her.

It's true though, as much as a good heart wants to be evil they can't. Similarly, as much as an evil heart wants to be good, it is impossible. Sophie would always be a never. Without change, she would keep using Agatha as her good deed.

If only Agatha would sign up for the selection.

I have never told her that I once worked there helping Rafal choose only the best good be considered and to burn the worst evil. It was our job to sift through the candidates and seperate evers and Nevers. All Nevers would be burned. Rafal had a sixth sense for this sort of thing, and his magic didn't hurt either. His brother Rhian used to help him with that job, but he disappeared during an attack on the palace. Rhian had a heart of gold, and was the complete opposite of his brother. I left before things could get out of hand.

If Agatha did sign up, she would most definitely be chosen because she is 100% pure, pure good.

The Evil attack. The Good defend.

The Evil punish. The Good forgive.

The Evil hurt. The Good help.

The Evil take. The Good give.

The Evil hate. The Good love.

If only I could convince her...