Sophie

"Didn't he just look so perfect there?" I breathed. My heart was beginning to beat faster. Prince Tedros of Illéa was interviewed on the report by Hort Bloodbrook and he acted so much like an gentleman. I could see myself attending galas by his side, and rulling as king and queen if Illéa, because of all the bigger lives I could choose, this one was my destiny.

"I guess," replied Agatha who had both finished the popcorn and was higher on the blanket, "but doesn't he seem a bit stiff to you Sophie? Like he was reading off a cuecard or something."

*-* Third person *-*

"So, my prince, how do you feel about inviting 35 daughters of Illéa to your home."

"Great," stated Tedros flashing his smile, the one he used as a mask to hide away his nerves. The studio audience laughed. "No, I'm excited to see what these women with all different backgrounds have to offer. I have always known the selection was my chance at true love, and it is not one I am going to waste." The lines sounded scripted and rehearsed, but then again, they were. Tedros was used to having foreign princesses and such throwing themselves at him, processing their undying love. His beauty was both a blessing and a curse. He wanted to find true love, but from what he had heard, that was the most inconvenient kind.

"Is there anything in particular you are looking for?"

That was an unrehearsed question, yet it was one he had found himself asking many times before. "I am looking for a woman that puts the needs of the country first. I am looking for someone who treats others well. I am looking for someone who loves me for me." He held in a cringe at the words. He had basically just called all the girls in Illéa caste climbing gold diggers. He pressed on. "I am looking for a confidant, a friend, a companion, I am looking for my wife."

"Ladies and gentlemen, his royal Highness, Prince Tedros Pendragon!"

*-* Sophie *-*

"I just don't see how anyone could be happy with him?"

"Oh Agatha, he's still a person, and a good one at that. He helps run the country, I wouldn't be surprised if he was a little nervous for his first date."

Agatha shook her head at me. "That's how I know you are an ever. You see the best in everyone." As she leaned her head on my shoulder I could have sworn she added, "Even me."

"Well it's hard not to see the best in Tedros - he's the prince! He's thoughtful and intelligent and a thousand times better than any boy in Gavaldon." Just the thought of him, strong and handsome, made me begin to fan myself with my hand as I fought against the blush creeping along my cheeks.

My prince.

I'm coming for you.

I'm ready to take my destiny.

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well!

I'm sorry for such a short update but I've had a rough couple of weeks with school and online learning and stuff.

Either way I hope you enjoyed the update.

Lots of love,

xoxo