Tedros

This was supposed to be the report that was going to change my life. I was going out there a prince, but when this is all over, I will be a married man.

The selection application deadline ended yesterday, the names have been drawn and it is time for the report. It seems strange how it won't be focused on myself or my father, but on a bag of names at the front of the stage.

This was always supposed to be my chance at true love. Some mysterious fate had a hand in picking the girls, or so I was told. Yet my chances of true happiness seem further and further away.

It was rigged. There is no other way to say it and I sure as hell am not going to sugar coat it. All the girls were handpicked my my father after they were presented to him. He picked the prettiest or the richest or the most likely candidate out of each province. And it sickens me. The bright lights of the stage don't do anything to help eradicate my nerves, in fact, they just amplify them.

I will be in the spotlight as the whole country watches me date for the first time, as if it was some sort of game. But it isn't. It's my life.

It seemed less likely that my happily ever after would happen at all.

Aaaand, my chapters are getting smaller for some reason. Which ones do you prefer? And which perspectives? The next chapter will probably be a long one and it will be the announcing of the selection contestants.

Until then.

xoxo