I'm not pregnant with Austin's kid!

"My darling," A tall woman waves at me, her wavy brown hair cascading down her back, and a pair of sunglasses perched on the tip of her nose. "How I missed you so," she squeals enthusiastically, engulfing me in a bear hug. 

Jee, cut the act. If you missed me you would've bombarded me with calls.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     "I called your mom. Unfortunately, she had a Board Meeting and couldn't make it."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                "Oh, so you're Austin's mom?!" She gleefully nods her head. Well, that's embarrassing. Not because I thought she was my mom, but because I thought my mom would show up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        See, my mother is so busy making money that she isn't even concerned about her daughter. How amusing and here I thought she'd book the entire airport for me to throw a grand party. I looked forward to diabetes, a grand welcome party, and the whole town patiently waiting for me to give a speech. 

Sensing my sadness, Austin suggestively whispers in my ear, "how about ice cream and binge-watching Never Have I Ever."

Tempting offer. "I still haven't forgiven you about the condom fiasco."

He mouths a sorry and I grin pecking his cheek. "I could never be mad at you."

He chuckles. "Again with that damned corniness." 

~*~

"So...where are my siblings?" I ask my mother as she cuts her steak. Instead of a warm welcome home party with truckloads of popcorn and movies, I was welcomed with an invite to dine out at some fancy steak restaurant. I still can't accept how super-gross rich I am.  

Major problem: I can't use a fork to save my life. 

Minor problem: My mom is Albert Einstein reincarnated therefore all she talks about is Quantum Physics and the theory of Relativity.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "They'll be here shortly," she replies, giving me the minimalist attention. I can't believe I'm jealous of steak.                                                                                                                                                                           
I awkwardly shift in my seat. "Are you uncomfortable?" She asks and I shake my head. Of course, I'm uncomfortable. You booked the whole damned restaurant. I feel like I'm part of some secret organization that books entire restaurants to have top-secret conversations. Sometimes I fail to comprehend how super-gross rich I am.