Aftermath and an unwanted visit

Kuroo's POV:

Night had overtaken the sky by now and I was on my way out of the gymnasium with Kenma by my side. He'd clearly been drained after the game both physically and probably mentally from keeping up with their #10.

I flicked the lights off and locked up, swinging the keys around on my finger.

"CAPTAIN!!! WAIT PLEASE!!" Yamamoto came sprinting back towards us.

"Is everything alright?" I questioned.

Out of breath he replied, "I forgot my blazer in the locker room... again. Could I run in and get it?" He asked, stabilizing his arms on his knees.
"Yes, just be quick." I unlocked the gym doors and extended my arm as an invitation inside.
"Uhm... it's dark..."

"Yeah? And? Just run straight through and you'll be at the door to the locker rooms."

"But,,,"

"Oh don't tell me you're afraid of the dark."

He scratched the back of his head nervously. I sighed and went to turn on the lights.

"Anything else?"

"N-no sir, thank you." Yamamoto ran quickly to retrieve his belongings.

I looked back out and saw Kenma perched on the same bench as before, engulfed yet again by the screen in front of him.

A minute later, Yamamoto returned, blazer in hand.

"S-sorry again." He bowed apologetically.

"It's fine, have a nice weekend." I told him, re-locking the doors. He took off down the street on a bike.

I made my way to Kenma,
"And you wonder why they're intimidated by you." He said, not looking up.

"What do you mean?" I asked, snatching the phone from his hands. This was becoming a reoccurring event.

"Oy! Kuro! Give that back!" Kenma jumped hopelessly at the phone held far above my head.

"If you give me a kiss, I'll think about returning it." I grinned.

"That's not funny. I'm in the middle of something very important." He said still jumping. I simply smiled down to him.

Kenma sighed, "Fine. Either I'm gonna kick you in the kneecaps, or you bend down right now." Wanting to avoid injury, I went with the latter option and bent down low enough for Kenma and me to be at equal heights.

He wrapped his arms around my neck, and moved some hair out of my eye. He leaned in slowly but ended up kissing me faster than ever before.
"There, now return my phone to me please." Kenma crossed his arms and looked very unamused.

"Nuh-uh." I replied. "That was not what I meant". I tilted his chin back up and properly kissed him this time.

"... And now you can have it back."I returned his precious cargo as he stood frozen and quite flustered.
"We should get going, it's pretty late."

We walked up to the moth swarmed porch light, but I realized I'd forgotten to check my phone. I pulled it out as we approached the door.

"Oh shit." I said.

"What's wrong?"

I looked down at the screen with 5 missed calls from my dad, along with an ominous text that just said "Call me." I didn't answer Kenma and instead dialed him back.

"Hey dad, sorry. The game went into a deuce, is everything alright?"

"No. Your grandfather fell down the stairs and broke his left leg. He's gonna be alright, but I've been waiting for you to get home so we can go to the hospital. Your grandmother is there with him now. Hurry back."

"Okay I'm on my way." I hung up, feeling slightly selfish and more so upset.
"What happened?"

"My grandfather fell. I gotta go, I'll catch up with you tomorrow. I'll text you. I love you." I turned towards my house and ran.

Kenma's POV:

I had never seen Kuroo that disheveled before and decided I'd wait until tomorrow to ask about it. I just hoped everything would be alright.

"Boys is that you?" My moms voice greeted me as I unlocked the front door.

"No mom, it's just me."

"What happened? Where's Kuroo?"

"He just left." I took a seat on one of the island stools. 

"Is everything alright?" She looked alarmed.

"I'm not sure. He said his grandfather fell."

"Oh no. I hope he'll be okay. We should take them something, or offer to help out."

"Well I think I heard his father say they were going to the hospital, so I'm assuming they might stay the night."

"Oh. Tomorrow then, I'll give you some stuff to take over."

"You could come too, you know." I told her.

"I, uhm, no. I don't think they'd want to talk to me." She seemed nervous.

"What? Of course they do. This is Kuroo's family we're talking about?"

"Eh-heh." She rubbed her lower arm, clearly nervous at this point. I dropped the subject but encouraged her to come.

Kuroo's POV:

"Dad?!"

"Oh there you are Kuroo. Come on, let's go. I don't want him to be alone for tonight, so if it's alright with you, let's just spend the night at the hospital, okay?" My father explained and I agreed that would probably be for the best.

"Right."

We arrived at the hospital quite late and ended up waking my grandfather as we entered. I'm pretty sure my father and grandmother were more worried and upset than he was. He cracked jokes as usual and asked me about the game just as he normally would. Meanwhile my grandmother was sat nervously twirling her hair in the corner chair of the room.

"So a good game then, hm?" He asked me.

"Yes, very."

"And er, you and kenma? How's that boy?" My grandfather questioned, sitting up in the bed and wincing slightly.

"He's doing good."

"And... you both?"

It was still awkward to talk to my grandfather about Kenma and me for some reason, but I persevered through. Hoping eventually it would become easier.

"Uhm, we're good too."

"That ring still stands?" He pointed.

"Oh, uhm, yes." I managed to get those few words out.

"Good. I want him as my grandson in law."

If I wasn't already shocked, I now considered checking myself into the hospital in fear I'd pass out.

Eventually we all settled down. My grandmother squeezed into the bed with my grandfather while my father and I took the two chairs in the opposite corners of the room. Needless to say, sleep that night wasn't the greatest.

I woke up to bright sunlight coming through the blinds of the room and saw my grandmother and father already up.

Apparently my grandfather had convinced them that he would be fine, and that they should go back home. My grandmother refused, but eventually my father had said yes, so him and I headed back home.

I texted Kenma about what had happened, then asked if he'd want to come over later today, or if I should go to his house instead. He said either, but since I was going to pick up his Pocky, I decided after the store, I'd just head to his house.