Pocky

Nov. 11: pocky day

Kuroo's POV:

I figured I might as well make it a bit of a study date, so at the store I picked up some other snacks, and of course Kenma's desired Pocky. One box chocolate, one strawberry.

The idea then struck me as I showered, getting ready to go to Kenma's, that we could make a blanket fort. Before leaving, I grabbed a ton of blankets and pillows from my room.

I knocked on his front door with my foot, as my arms were incredibly full.

"Oh, good evening!" I smiled at Kenma's mom who'd answered the door.

"Hello, dear! I didn't recognize your knock, sorry. Oh and I heard about your grandfather, is he alright?!"

"He's gonna be fine. It wasn't as bad as we thought it might be."

"Well thank goodness for that then. Please, come in! Do you need a hand with that?"

"No, I think I can manage. Thank you." I removed my shoes and headed up the stairs, past Kenma's baby photos, and various other photographs hung on the wall, to his room.

I once again knocked on the door with my foot. The knob unlocked and Kenma, back in my hoodie, stood in the doorway.

"Oya oya!" I grinned at Kenma who had his over-the-ear headset on. He pushed it off, "Hey Kuro, just a second." He skated in his socks back over to the desk, and turned off whatever game he'd been playing.

I dumped the bedding on the floor and set the plastic bag of snacks by his PC.

"Your Pocky as promised." I said. Kenma began to rummage through the bag.

"What's all this... and that?" He asked first about the other snacks and then the fort supplies.

"Well I figured we could have a study date, so I brought things to make it a bit more fun!" I removed my coat and set to work on making a fort. He helped silently too but quickly abandoned it.

"There. How's that?" I asked him, looking to where he'd been watching from the edge of his bed.

"It looks good." Kenma dragged some of the pillows from his bed inside the small fort as well. I'd situated it in front of the TV but with enough room to sit comfortably inside and still work.

"You ready to get English done?" He asked me.

"As I ever am." I pretended to start stretching for a game.

Kenma seemed a bit cold today, though not physically as he usually was.

"Ok just a second. Take this first." He removed my hoodie he'd been wearing and handed it back.
"You don't want it anymore?" I asked, a little hurt.

"No. I do, but the smell of you is starting to wear off so..."

"Oh I see," I smiled, relieved at his response.

We spent nearly 2 hours and worked with few breaks.  I could only take so much studying, so I decided we should call it quits after that.

In the time we'd been studying, Kenma had snuggled up next to me with us both under a large fleece blanket and I'd wrapped my arms around his small body.

"You want some snacks?" I asked him after we'd finished. He nodded. I folded my binder and scooted it off to the side before extending an arm to reach the bag of food.

I passed it to Kenma who began to rummage through it once again, and pulled out his prized box of chocolate Pocky. He didn't open it though, instead just placed it on the floor besides us.