Chapter Eight

Cate Blanchett

"Hey..."

I woke up to a constant shrug on my shoulder. It felt like I had been sleeping forever, but appositely, I woke up right away.

"Everyone left. Don't you have any plan? Aren't you going home?"

I looked at the location. It was tidy and none of the staff was here. Everything was packed. It's just me and Sandra. I looked at her before I stood up from the bench where I slept. I couldn't vividly process the whole thing. I thought I went home with Sandra - oh shoot, it was all a dream. The dream felt surreal. I looked at Sandra who stood a meter from me, with her things on hand.

"It's late."

I heard her say. Scratching the back of my neck, I offered her a sly smile. She just stood there, waiting for me, probably.

"I slept." I answered. "It's late. You should go home now."

"Yeah. And you should too."

I smiled as she gave me a nod. I watched as Sandra walked towards her car. I waited for her to go so I could call a cab since I didn't have a car with me. She opened her door, but instead of going inside, she turned back at me.

"Aren't you going home?" She asked me once more.

"Oh, I will. I'm going home."

"How?"

It made me stop. "What do you mean how?"

She closed her car door and leaned on it. "You don't have your car with you."

"I'll call a cab."

"It's almost eleven in the evening already."

"I can call a cab."

"I'll drop you at your house. You're still living at 18th Woodsmith, right?"

I sighed. She didn't know about the downfall of my marriage. I was not staying there anymore; Andrew and the kids only.

"Oh, no! I will call a cab. Thank you, though." I answered, smiling at her before taking my phone out.

I fished out my phone and started looking for a cab. But to no avail, because none was available. It was eleven in the evening, and it was true that it's hard to catch one.

"I'll wait for you 'til you'll have a cab. Just incase."

I heard her say. I didn't even bother to look at her. I kept on searching for a cab. Two minutes, none. Five minutes, still none. I knew Sandra was starting to be annoyed. She hated waiting. She didn't want to wait. I was in the middle of my search when I felt the delicate drizzles of the August night. It was starting to rain and before I could even react, she did.