Chapter 60: There's Another Little Brother's Body

Although the body was completely soaked, we recognized the tattoo as being that of a Qilin. But a simple glance showed that this couldn't be Little Brother because even though the tattoos were very similar, this one was much rougher and darker. Most importantly, this man had a lot of white hair on his head.

We put the body back into the water because the smell was so bad. At the moment it entered the water, however, I realized that the corpse was Father Pan Ma.

He should have followed Poker-Face's team in here but I didn't know why he died.

The last time I saw him, he was in a crazed state. I didn't know whether he was really mad or simply pretending to be, but he hadn't appeared since then, and I had no interest in his affairs. Someone like him, who had been able to kill so many people for several bags of grain and kept in close contact with Ghost, must've been a small profit-oriented person. No matter for what purpose he was following Poker-Face's team, I wasn't interested in guessing.

The body slowly sank again, looking swollen and terrible. Father Pan Ma was a very old man, and now the water had soaked his body so that you couldn't see any of his wrinkles. If Poker-Face wasn't in that other chamber, I would've really thought it was his body.

Pan Ma's life was a tragedy, but he also deserved it. Everyone must pay the price for what they've done, and this was the result. In fact, it was quite cost-effective.

We turned around, walked up the steps to the platform, and entered the curtain [1]. After going through so much before opening it, I had already steeled myself and no longer had any hesitation or curiosity.

Inside the curtains was a big bed made of jade. There was nothing on it and it was completely empty.

Fatty asked, "Why is there nothing? For such a big battle, there's nothing in the largest tomb."

I asked Fatty, "You've been to many ancient tombs, do you think this was a coffin bed?"

"From this point of view, it's quite possible." Fatty said.

I said, "Look at it, there are deep marks showing something was pressed here for a long time. Obviously, a very heavy coffin was once pressed on this jade bed; however, the coffin is now missing." I touched the mark—it must not be the mark made by a wooden coffin. No matter how heavy the wood was, it was impossible to make a mark like this because this kind of jade was especially hard. Either it was a metal coffin or there were a lot of metal fittings on the outer edge of a wood coffin.

I think the latter was more likely because the coffins we saw above were almost all wood. Moreover, the bodies inside were basically all bones. Complete metal coffins could be cast here if there was ore, but in this room, I didn't see any traces of a smelting stove being used for many years. In ancient times, if one really wanted to smelt metal wares, it wouldn't require the usual extravagance. At the same time, smelting also required a large amount of coal. Since the Zhang family had designed such a far-sighted plan for planting trees here, it shows that timber must be their first choice. This can be inferred from the fact that the wooden coffin we saw above was exactly the same as the wood used in the ancient building.

The process of constructing such a building in the remote mountains was already very amazing, and the details would have few discrepancies.

"Gone. Did the coffin grow legs and leave by itself?" Fatty asked. "These days, the coffins in the Zhang family's ancient building can also be refined, like some kind of Transformer coffin! Damn it, this grave robbery has already been a hard fucking battle!"

"I think this coffin was moved. They freed this place up, presumably to store another body." I said, looking at the traces on the jade bed—they weren't left when the coffin was placed, but when it was carried out. However, the year in which these marks were left couldn't be determined.