Chapter 62: Permeating Fog

I immediately picked up Little Brother. Fatty already had a reaction to the poison gas, coughing so hard that blood spurted out of his nose. We didn't care about this at all and rushed all the way to the hole. Fatty stopped again, still not daring to enter.

At the same time, I saw that the place where the dragon mouth was originally carved in the cave was also releasing the fog. There was already a layer falling slowly from the top of the cave, like smoke from hell.

"Dead, dead, dead." Fatty was so anxious that he leapt to his feet. "Shit, Mr. Naïve, fucking shoot me in the head. I don't want to be like Ghost."

"Who will kill me when you die?" I scolded. Fatty said, "It's okay. You can just shoot yourself in the mouth. Don't worry, there won't be any pain."

"How would you know?" I cried, "Why do you always look to me for such things?"

"I'm a fucking Christian and can't commit suicide."

"When did you believe in Christ?" I asked. Fatty said, "I prayed to God just now."

I looked at the countless hexagonal bells in front of me and said to Fatty, "Take a shot, maybe there's still a chance. There's no doubt that you'll die here, and dying crazy without any pain at the hands of the bells is better than rotting alive."

Fatty gritted his teeth and immediately went forward with me following closely behind. The two of us began to walk carefully towards the front of the wooden bridge.

The situation was very chaotic but Fatty was even calmer than me. He quickly bypassed several silk threads without setting off a bell. I followed, copying his actions and unexpectedly also made it around. At that moment, I felt that my actions were smooth and flowing, and I had a little false confidence that we could get through this.

Maybe Fatty was really blessed once he believed in Christ. We've had all kinds of bad luck the entire way here so was all our good luck meant for this moment? God was so wise, hallelujah amitabha, I will definitely repay you!

Just then, Fatty let out an exclamation as his whole body slipped off the wooden bridge. He managed to control himself, but his hand still touched a silk thread. I saw a very slight vibration starting to drive up the thread, and the nearest bell was already shaking.

In an instant, I saw Little Brother's hand reaching out from beside my head. Two long fingers gripped the bell with great speed and stability.

The silk thread instantly stabilized but I could still feel myself covered in a cold sweat. Little Brother let go slowly and whispered, "Go on, don't stop."

"Brother, are you in a coma or something?" Fatty said, "I'm under too much pressure. If you have nothing to do, you can take the lead. We really can't handle it."

But Poker-Face didn't respond and Fatty cursed. I said, "Go on!"

Fatty scolded: "Go on my ass. Look ahead and see what's going on."

I looked around Fatty's head and saw that the silk thread in front of him was set up in a very complicated net. With Fatty's body shape, it required extremely exaggerated body control to pass through the gap in the middle.

"Believe in yourself, you can do it!" I encouraged him. Fatty suddenly spread out his hands, made a move like a crane spreading its wings, and shouted, "Eyah!" He then suddenly rushed forward, jumped up, unexpectedly pushed through the biggest gap in the middle of the net, and then fell into the water.

I was dumbfounded.

Fatty touched the water on his face and said to me, "Believe in yourself, you can do it!"