17.

THIRD PERSON VIEW

"yu-chan!" yelled yashiro. "hey, guys. how are you guys doing today?" she replied, waving her hands. the more she moved, the more she disappeared faster. yashiro ran towards her and hugged her. "what's wrong, nene-chan?"

"you're going to disappear!?" "yeah, and i'm not coming back, sadly." (y/n) patted her head. "but for now—" "wow...did you know?" hanako-kun asked, cutting into (y/n)'s statement. he was looking down. "i found out when i was going into the fake world. i'm surprised i lasted this long. i thought i was going to disappear ten minutes after we got back!" "how can you be so calm about this, yu-chan!?" kou asked.

"there's no time to be sad now." yashiro let go of her and stood up. (y/n) put her hands on her hips, closing her eyes and pouting. "it's okay, though, kou-kun. we had a good run, huh?" "(y/n)...." cooed hanako. "now that's a name i haven't heard of in a while." she winked. "are you serious about not coming back." kou asked. "it's fate." "you can't leave us!" yashiro began to cry, wiping her tears over and over, trying to stop herself at that moment.

"i don't want to leave you all."  more of (y/n)'s arm disappeared. "it'll would have been cool if this was a 'true loves kiss' thing." yu-chan teased. "we all had cool moments, right? i was able to do human things!" she smiles and twirls at the end of her sentence. "i don't want to lose a best friend." yashiro cried.

"i guess this is goodbye." she replied. yashiro looked up to see her friend almost gone. "nene-chan, i never had a friend who was a girl, it was only me, tsukasa and hanako, but i'm glad i became a school wonder and met you!" "kou-kun, i'm glad i met you, too." she ran towards him to give him a hug. "i know i'm cold, sorry." "yu-chan, please don't go!" kou tried not to sound like he was going to cry. he wiped his eyes to try and hide it.

she smiles in return with tears in her eyes. she then looks at hanako. as she walked to hanako, petals fell behind. she gave him a hug and looked into his amber eyes. "i love you, hanako-kun. don't forget me." and with that yu-chan disappeared, one petal after another. hanako's eyes shot open. "yuki-san!? yuki-san!?" they yelled.

no response. "she's gone, yashiro." "toilet perv!" kou's voice cracked. "aren't you supposed to be the leader of the eight mysteries, so you must know where she went!" "i don't know this time." kou went to him and grabbed him behind his collar. "she's coming back, right?! right, hanako!?" hanako shook his head no. he sighed and disappeared into white smoke. at last he was alone in his bathroom. he was in the third stall, thinking about (y/n) and how she told him "i love you". he sighed deeply and brought his legs closer to him.

"i'm sorry, (y/n), if only i said 'i love you, too'."