Chapter 21

Jimin POV:

I sent Ha Mun to her work. She just kept silent along the way. Maybe she's tired so I just silent myself. After that, I went home. As soon as I opened the door, eomma came to me.

"You're back?" I nodded. Then, I sat on the couch. There was an envelope on the coffee table written 'To Mr. Park Jimin'.

"When does this arrive, eomma?" Eomma brought me a water.

"Just now, a girl sent it."

"Do you know her?" She shook her head. I opened the envelope. I was shocked to see a photo. It was appa being tied on a chair and a girl holding a pistol against his head and the girl is... HA MUN?!

"What's wrong, Jimin?" Eomma asked after she saw my shocked face. She tried to look at it but I hide it from her.

"No.. Nothing. It's just... Ah, my friend sent a wedding invitation card and I shocked to receive this."

"Ah, you made me worry. Your friend is getting marry, you should be happy."

"Yeah, I just didn't expect this. Hehe. I'm going out. You don't need to wait for me." I went out and drove to the police station. I called her.

Ha Mun POV:

I got a call from Jimin oppa. I picked it up.

Me: Ye, oppa ?
Jimin oppa: Meet me now. It's urgent.
Me: But...
Jimin oppa: I'm in front of the station.
Me: Arasseo. I'll be there.

He hung up.

'What's wrong with him? His voice is stern. What's so urgent?'

"Noona?" I snapped out of my thought.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I need to go out for a while. You continue the work, okay?"

"Just go. I can handle this."

"Gomawo." I went out and saw Jimin oppa. I went to him.

"What's wrong?"

"Get in the car."

"But, I'm working. I can't..." He cut me off again.

"You want to get in by yourself or you want me to carry you in?"

"Okay,okay. I'll get in by myself." I got in the car and he drove to somewhere.

"Oppa, where are we going?"

"You'll know later." Then, he dragged me out of the car. It was a quiet alleyway.

"What are we doing here?" He threw me a photo.

"This... I'm sorry. I know I should be honest with you. But..."

"But what? You're really planning to tell me? Or you're going to keep it a secret the whole life?"

"No, it's not that. I'm really planning to tell you after I settle this case."

"I don't want to hear anything from you! You killed my father! I don't want to see your face anymore! Get lost from here! You're a murderer!"

"Murderer? If that's what you think of me, just continue think like that. You want me to leave, I'll leave. I'm going to leave you anyway sooner or later. I'm really sorry." I went away leaving him.

Soobin POV:

"Soobin, where's your noona?" Uncle Kai asked.

"She went out for a while. Wae? Is there anything?"

"Ani, it's just I want to know where she is to make sure she's safe. It's okay, you can continue with your work." I nodded. I continued with my work. Then, I got a call from noona.

Noona: Soobin-ah, come home now. We need to leave here.
Me: What do you mean, noona?
Noona: I'll tell you later. Don't tell anyone. And bring the important files with you.
Me: Oh, okay.

I hung up the call. I packed up my things and went home.

"What's wrong, noona?"

"I don't have time to tell you. Pack up your things. Hurry!" I went to my room and packed my things. Then, I went downstairs where noona is waiting. She's wearing a sunglasses, mask and cap.

"Soobin, wear this." She gave me a sunglasses, mask and cap too. I just do as she told.

"Come on, the taxi is here." We both went in the car.

"Incheon Airport, please." Then, the taxi moved to the airport. We checked in and flew to US.

"Soobin-ah, I'm sorry for not telling you earlier. We really need to leave."

She told me about Mr. Park's father.

"I can't stay there anymore. I planned to leave by myself but I think I need you with me."

"It's okay, noona. I'm thankful enough because you bring me with you. At least, I won't be worry if you left me. Don't you remember, I'll always be with you whatever your decision is."

"Gomawo, I know I can rely on you."

Ha Mun POV:

Flashback...

After I left him, I went to settle everything. I have some savings so I used the money to book flight tickets. Then, I called Ms. Song.

Me: Yeoboseyo, Ms. Song. It's me, Ha Mun.
Ms. Song: Ye, Ha Mun. What can I help you?
Me: I'm sorry to disturb you but I need your help.
Ms. Song: It's okay. What is it?
Me: Soobin and I are transfering school. We're leaving Korea tonight.
Ms. Song: Why so sudden? Where are you two going?
Me: I'm sorry but I can't tell you due to some reasons.
Ms. Song: Oh, okay. Then, goodbye. Hope you both well wherever you are.
Me: Kamsahabnida, Ms. Song.

I hung up. Everything's settled. I also wrote a letter to Uncle Kai.

Uncle Kai,
I hope you're well. Thanks for looking out for us all this time. I'm sorry too for leaving suddenly. There's something happen made me can't stay at Korea anymore. We'll be okay so don't worry. You can keep me updated on the case. You don't need to know where we are but we'll keep in touch with you to let you know that we're doing well. Live well.
                                       Ha Mun

I put the letter in Uncle Kai's room then I called Soobin.

End of flashback...