Chapter 18

Ha Mun POV:

We discussed with Mr. Lee, Officer Lee and Officer Kim about the information we have. Uncle Kai told them about us joining their team and they agreed with it. Then, my phone rang.

"Excuse me, I need to answer this." I said after I looked at the caller id. They nodded then I went out of the meeting room.

Jimin oppa: Ha Mun-ah, where are you?
Me: Oh, I forgot to tell you. We're at Uncle Kai's office.
Jimin oppa: What are you doing there?
Me: We're discussing about the case.
Jimin oppa: Ah ?
Me: *sigh* Oppa, our secret have been revealed at school today. So, we decided to clear our names by catching them.
Jimin oppa: What do you mean by catching them?
Me: We're helping them with the case.
Jimin oppa: No, you can't. It's too dangerous!
Me: Oppa, please... Just trust me. I know what I'm doing. But, I need your help.
Jimin oppa: As expected, you're really stubborn. Since you've made the decision, there's nothing I can do, I guess. What help you need me for?
Me: Gomawo, oppa. I need you to support me in everything I'm doing, can you? I really need your support at times like this.
Jimin oppa: Okay. But, aren't Hyun Ri still in school?
Me: Oh, right. Then, I need your help again. Please pick her up and let her stay at your house. We'll pick her up later. And after this, we'll be at police station everyday after school so I need to trouble you again by letting her stay with you. Is it okay with you?
Jimin oppa: It's okay. My mom must be happy when there's a child at home. Then, I'm going to pick her up now. Continue with your work. Take care. Love you.

He ended the call. I blushed.

"Love you too." I whispered.

"You love who?" I looked at my back and saw Soobin raising up his eyebrow.

"Hey, were you eavesdropping me?"

"No, I don't. I just came here. Is it Mr. Park?" I nodded.

"I told him about us joining the case."

"What did he say?"

"Of course he would object me but after I assured him I'll be okay, then he just gave in. And he also offered to help to take care of Hyun Ri while we busy with work."

"That's good. He's so thoughtful. You got a nice man, noona."

"I know." Then, my phone rang again. We both looked at the caller id.

"Why he call me again?" I asked Soobin as the caller id showed it's Jimin oppa who called me. Soobin shook his head. I picked up.

Me: Oppa, why would you...
Jimin oppa: Ha Mun-ah, Hyun Ri... She's...
Me: What?

"What's wrong, noona?"

"We need to go to the hospital now. Tell Uncle Kai now!"

"Oh, okay." Soobin ran inside and we all went to the hospital. When we arrived, Jimin oppa was standing at front. I ran to him.

"Oppa! How is she? How could this happen?"

"I don't know. She's still in the emergency room." Then, we all ran inside and waited outside the emergency room.

Few minutes later...

A doctor came out and it's Dr. Kang, the doctor who treated me before.

"Dr. Kang, how is my sister?"

"She's your sister?" I nodded.

"I'm sorry but we can't save her." I dropped to my knee.

"I lost my loved one again."

"Mr. Park, can you tell us what happened?" Uncle Kai asked.

"I was waiting for her to come out. Then, a bang was heard. I ran towards the sound and saw she's already lying down with blood all over her body. I'm sorry. I didn't protect her as I promised to Ha Mun. Ha Mun-ah, I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"No, it's not your fault. It's my fault. I'm her sister. I'm the one who should protect her but what did I do? I didn't even at the scene. I'm a useless sister."

"Noona, you're not. You're the best sister I've ever had. I'm also a useless brother. She's my sister too."

"Ha Mun-ah, Soobin-ah, don't blame yourselves. We all never want this to happen. So, don't blame anyone. The one who at fault is the murderer. What we can do right now is find the murderer." Uncle Kai said. We all agreed.

"Taeyong, come with me to the scene. Eunwoo and Yugyeom, you both bring the body to the forensics unit. Mr. Park, can you let Ha Mun and Soobin stay with you tonight? I won't come back today."

Jimin POV:

I nodded as an agree sign to Mr. Kim's request.

" No, Uncle Kai. I want to find the murderer too. Let me come with you. " Ha Mun suddenly said.

" No, Ha Mun. You need a rest. You come back to work tomorrow. " Mr. Kim looked at me asking for my help.

"That's true, Ha Mun. Let's go back first. We'll find the murderer tomorrow." She looked at me. I held her up and dragged her to the car. Soobin followed us. I drove home.

"Jimin, you're back. Ha Mun and Soobin also here?" Eomma asked as soon as I opened the door.

"Aunty, we might trouble you by staying here tonight." Soobin said.

"It's okay. You both are like my children now."

"Kamsahabnida." Soobin bowed.

"Mr. Park. I'll bring noona to the room first."

"Just call me hyung outside the school."

"Ye,hyung."

"Go bring your noona to the room." He nodded and went upstairs.

"Jimin-ah, what's wrong? Ha Mun seems not well. Did something happened?" I sat on the couch and eomma followed me.

"Hyun Ri was killed."

"What? I'm sorry for them. They're really strong. They've gone through many things at such a young age. I hope you will make her happy."

"Don't worry, eomma. I love her. Of course I'll make her happy."

"That's good."

Soobin POV:

I brought noona to the room. She sat on the bed. I was about to go out but she called me and asked me to sit beside her.

"I just realized something, Soobin. I don't have many memories with Hyun Ri. Back then, we were busy with the training and work. After that, I've gone missing. After I met her back, she just left us." I hugged her.

"Noona, we need to accept the fate. Now, we only have each other. We'll protect each other from now on. All our loved ones left us one by one but we mustn't forget that we still have Uncle Kai and Jimin hyung who loves us." She nodded. We pulled out of hug. I wiped her face.

" Don't cry, noona. You're strong. Now, go to sleep. We still have school tomorrow. I'll go back to my room now. "I tucked her in the bed and turned off the lights. I went to my room and sat on the bed.

" Eomma, appa, Hyun Ri, don't worry. We'll be okay. You all take care of yourselves there. Be happy. " I said looking up the sky and my tears rolling down.