Chapter One

The cold air of December engulfed the palace grounds. The moon shone highly among the clear sky. Everything felt fine. The palace felt peaceful, amidst what its courtyard was about to witness.

"Ilang beses ko bang sasabihin sayo? Walang namamagitan samin, parang kuya na ang turing ko sa kanya." she argued.

"Pano mo siya naging kuya kung hindi kayo magkadugo?!!" he shot back.

The wife stared at her husband and scoffed in disbelief. The prince also did not look at her, his gaze traveled to the river near them.

He let the streams wash away his temper. Sighing deeply, he turned to his wife. Her doe-like eyes stared at his soul. Those eyes haunted him.

"C-Carlos..." she approached him and took his hand.

He removed his hand from her grasp. He stared deeply into her eyes which held her melancholic gaze. Sighing deeply, he held a stoic expression.

"¿Está el bebé en tu vientre, es realmente mío?(Is the baby in your womb, is it really mine?)" he asked.

She stared at him furiously and sighed in distress. A stray tear fell from her cheek. He also looked vulnerable in his eyes.

"Sa kanya ba?" he asked pitifully but harshness was evident in his tone.

She slapped him in return.

"Cree lo que desee. No creerás nada de lo que digo de todos modos(Believe what you wish. You won't believe anything i say anyway)." she said placidly and attempted to leave.

Out of nowhere, Carlos grabbed her to the neck and held her over the edge of the river.

"Bawiin mo yung sinabi mo!" he said furiously.

The wife choked in agony as he tightened his grip on her delicate neck. He scoots closer to the edge.

"C-Carlo-" she choked.

"Bawiin mo yung sinabi mo!! Ngayon na!!!" he bellowed and pushed her towards the body of water. His wife shrieked in surprise.

She plunged deep into the water and struggled to stay afloat. Carlos stared at her blankly as she drowned in the water.

He slowly walked away and left her to drown. 

----------------

The warm rays of the sun gently woke the new member of the royal family. She scoots over to the left and was given a kiss on the forehead by her husband.

"Good morning, misis ko." he whispers in her ear as he engulfed her in his arms. Anastasiya chuckles slightly as he pulls her closer to him.

"Sabik na sabik ka sakin ah?" Alejandro teases.

"A-Ano?" she asks in embarrassment.

"Halos hindi mo na ako patulugin." he whispers in her ear.

"Alejandro!" Her cheeks burned red with embarrassment as she hit him by the arm. 

"Pag ako makatulog sa trabaho mamaya, I'm blaming you," Alejandro teased and moved closer to his wife. He sealed the distance between them as he wrapped his arms around her and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

"Umaga na, General delos Cristales. Bumangon ka na, may pasok ka pa." Anastasiya soothingly whispered in her husband's ear

"Ang Stasiya na kilala ko ay mahinhin at di makabasag pinggan. I would have never thought I would live to see the day that you are wild." Alejandro pulls her by the waist and he stares at his wife.