Chapter Two

Anastasiya was alone in the Casa Ladrillo when her niece's decided to visit her. A smile crept up to her face as the children entered the house.

"Nariyan ang mga anak ni Ginoong Carlos, Binibining Ana." The housekeeper reported.

The youngest clung to her again as Anastasiya faced her nieces. Maria Aleta eyed her aunt quite seriously, as Anastasiya was not a typical woman of this society.

"Infanta Maria Beatriz," she addressed the child who clung to her and the little infanta smiled at her. Anastasiya's gaze traveled to the middle child.

"Infanta Maria Letizia," and the second child plainly nodded. Turning to the eldest, Anastasiya smiled at her.

"Infanta Maria Aleta," Anastasiya was cut off by her eldest niece.

"Prinsesa Maria Aleta ang titulo ko. No me tartan como Infanta(I am not addressed as an Infanta)" Maria Aleta said icily.

Silence engulfed the drawing-room of the Casa Ladrillo. Maria Aleta was reading quietly by the side and the two younger children tried to find something they can do.

"Estoy aburrido,(I'm bored)" Maria Beatriz said as she snuggled into Anastasiya's arms.

"Do you want the iPad?" Anastasiya asked the child snuggled into her. Maria Beatriz gave her a confused look.

"Sandali lang, kukunin ko muna, Tiyak na malilibang ka doon," Anastasiya said and went upstairs to fetch the iPad. She gave the iPad to the five-year-old Infanta.

"Ano ito, Tita Stasiya?" the five year old pipped.

"iPad. May mga laro diyan upang malibang ka." Anastasiya explained. Maria Beatriz pointed towards a picture of a younger Anastasiya and a young boy.

"Sino iyan?"

"Siya ang nakababatang kapatid ko, si Antonio. Isa siyang Illustrado, kasalukuyan ay nag aaral siya sa Espanya." Anastasiya remarked and opened an app that she thought that the young infanta may be interested in.

Soon enough, the youngest infanta was absorbed in it. The sounds of the iPad disturbed her eldest niece. Maria Aleta eyed the gadget with such scrutiny.

"Que clase de hechiceria es esa? (What kind of sorcery is that?)" Maria Aleta exclaims.

Anastasiya chuckled slightly at Maria Aleta's aghast expression. She suddenly remembered what Alejandro told her about the royal family being so sheltered.

It is as if they are living in the past.

"No eres una mujer de esta sociedad, ¿verdad? La mujer de la familia real es retratada como justa en la que habla y actúa, (You are not a woman of this society, are you? The woman of the royal family is portrayed to be righteous in which she talks and acts,)"

Maria Aleta expected Anastasiya to be offended by what she said. But Anastasiya just smiled at her. As much as Maria Aleta hoped, her aunt did not waver to her words.

"I did not intend to be one. Hindi ko naman babaguhin ang sarili ko dahil parte na ako ng pamilyang ito." Anastasiya said casually.

The intense stare Maria Aleta gave her was only broken off when a loud wail was heard across the room. A wailing Maria Beatriz came to Anastasiya's side, begging to be held.

"Tita!! Kinuha ni Zia yung iPad!! WAHHHHHH!!"

Anastasiya just sighed deeply with the ruckus that the Casa Ladrillo was filled with. It was a fine day indeed.

---------------

Dolores used her schemes at whim, even if it was to get under the women of the royal family's skin. She was spending her afternoon having tea with Maria Contessina which was quite rare.