Black Cat

The week that passes by for Sally is both infuriating and nerve-wracking.

She only has herself to blame for not asking Jack already. The night she returned from the abandoned sewing shop would've been the perfect opportunity to ask about becoming the town's new seamstress - secluded in the private walls of her home with her lover, in a comforting embrace where nothing bad would transpire...but her shy nature forced her to fall silent. She was sure she'd feel more confident the next day - to march straight to her skeleton and ask for something she dearly wanted - only to get that nervous swelling in her leaves the moment she even thinks of asking him.

She figured it's because of her not-so-successful past with asking for things from the Doctor. She was either ridiculed or scolded for asking for anything more than she already has. Because of this, she grew the habit of taking things instead of asking for them, or not saying anything at all - neither of which she wants to do with Jack. She doesn't want to keep her feelings a secret anymore. She's in an honest relationship now - and the last thing she wants is to keep anything from him.

The ragdoll twists her fingers as she contemplates these thoughts. 'Why do I feel so...nervous, and intimidated?'

She spends a few nights restlessly tossing and turning before coming to a conclusion - she'll have to wait until the right time. Whenever she feels...confident enough to ask for this. Where she can swallow down her shyness and allow herself to actually want something for once. She hopes this time will come soon. It's terrible having to struggle with something like this while Jack's around. Not saying a single thing about it makes her feel...cold, and lonesome.

She spends more of her time outside than usual. Since she's felt so nervous lately, she makes trips outside to try and clear her mind, as well as her nerves. Her walks help soothe her, and sometimes she'll even speak with her friends. It feels easy to talk with them and goes smoother than her conversations have been with Jack as of late. The band does wonders with helping calm her down.

Today, she spends some time on a small walk near the Outskirts and stops to admire a few gardens. When she starts on her way home, she encounters a familiar creature again. The black alley cat greets her with a purr as it steps down from a wall to meet with her below. She smiles and leans down to offer her arm right away. The cat nestles its head under her hand, leading it along its slender body. It rubs against her legs as it walks around her. She giggles, feeling instantly better in its presence.

"Hello there..." She coos to the animal.

It lifts its head to acknowledge her, blinking.

She puts her things down and rests on a nearby bench - the same one she sat in when this cat found her not long ago. It follows her and jumps on as well, joining her side and even sitting in her lap. She pets it as her eyes look at her surroundings in thought. The sound of purring becomes a background noise the longer time passes. She doesn't realize how much time she spends sitting in thoughtful silence.

"I wonder when I can ask him..." She muses to herself. The cat's ears perk up at her words. "It should be easy for me to ask anything of him, but I feel like he's going to say 'no'..."