Bug King

Just as a small warning: This chapter may contain some uncomfortable material head. Take heed.

----

"Hee hee!"

Three trick-or-treaters skip joyfully into the dark streets of Halloween Town. Residents scamper into the shadows upon their sight. Their presence has been abundant lately, and with a poor reputation. They bring terror and vandalism everywhere they go - leaving monsters on edge and officials waiting on uneasy feet. They've tormented the Mayor with every opportunity they had, and only received a few scoldings from Jack Skellington's way. He seems to be exceptionally busy these days, enabling Lock, Shock, and Barrel to bully fellow children and petrify citizens in their wake.

But they aren't here to do that today. Oh, no. They have other plans. Important ones.

They reported their first findings to their boss, after visiting Sally Finklestein's sewing shop. Oogie seemed bored until they mentioned her stay in the Skellington Manor. He encourages his henchman to have their fun in Halloween Town, with the promise that they'll learn about and continually visit the ragdoll. So, they're doing their part - spending their free time around her, putting on a small act of childish innocence to gain her trust. It sickens them to do it, but they'd rather bat their eyes at some woman than end up in one of Boogie's stews.

Today, he asks them if he can meet Sally. But the boogeyman is forbidden to leave his Lair. So they will have to bring * her * to *him*. They are all too excited to put this into action.

Lock is uncertain they can pull this off. "How are we going to do it?"

"It's easy! She thinks we're good children, doesn't she? We just have to act like we care, that's all!" Shock easily replies, packing their large bag.

"I'm sick of pretending!" Barrel protests in the background. "I want to kick her windows in already! Find her candy stash! Why do we have to act like we're 'good'?"

"Oogie knows what he's doing!" The witch defends with a stomp of her boot. "We'd be stupid not to do this. Do YOU wanna get eaten, Barrel!?"

The message is clear. There is no further argument as the three prepare, feeling slightly regretful as they pack their emergency weapons.

Their bathtub's legs kick faster as they advance on the sewing shop. They grin wickedly behind their masks. They can taste the delicious snake & spider stew already! They find Sally inside, blissfully unaware as she works on some clothes with one of her machines. They park their tub outside and leave their keepsakes in there. They can't risk her seeing them. They're only there if it's absolutely necessary...lest they receive trouble getting her to come and see the boogeyman himself...!

" Hello~ !" They greet as they walk through the front door. The bell rings to announce their presence. Such a sound serves a warning to many, but to Halloween Town's seamstress, the company is welcomed. Sally looks up from the sewing machine and momentarily pauses her movements.

"Oh, hello, children..! Let me finish this up here..."

They wait patiently as she completes the stitching. They wiggle in their seats, antsy to complete their job already. The children glance at each other and giggle under their breaths. They're imagining what the boogeyman is going to do to her...! They get a kick out of their vivid imaginations. Eventually, the seamstress is finished and sets aside her work to address the three. They clasp their hands together and cross their legs politely, blinking innocently. Despite the figurative halos above their heads, the ragdoll remains uneasy.