Our Town of Halloween

Everyone is surprised when the Band walks through the front gates wearing new suits. They are a similar color to their usual red, but with a little more orange this time around. They fit the members snugly and mimic the design of spiderwebs with their thin pinstripes. Their shoes and instruments are nicely polished as they stroll down the streets. Every monster in town is curious with this new change. They are met with many questions, and the musicians are more than happy to enlighten their customers about Sally's Sewing Shop - the newest tailor in Halloween Town!

Once word gets out about Sally Finklestein's new service, almost every Resident lines up to seek her work. She receives many in need of patches and clothes, and she is happy to provide. Even Jack's previous friends, such as the Harlequin, Wolfman, and Clown, come into her shop seeking assistance and looking at her displays. They compliment her work and she thanks them kindly each time. The Hanging Tree and his Men occasionally stop by, where the two of them knit for an hour or two, politely discussing how their days went.

Over the next few months, it becomes a regular part of Halloween Town. Sally finds herself busy with all of her new orders and services for the town - but she is far from overwhelmed. She's happy to be doing something she loves without being belittled for it, and she is getting paid for her time! Even the children sometimes come around for a cup of lemonade on the hotter days, playing around her shop while waiting for their grownups.

The best part of her days is when Jack Skellington decides to pay a visit - checking up on her and ensuring she has everything she needs. He stays and talks with her during this time, ranting about Halloween plans while she informs him of what pants need hemmed or what holes to fix. This helps the two of them wind down from their work, and becomes an integral part of her experience entirely!

She's learning more of the townspeople, her home, and their song. She feels grateful being treated just like any other citizen, with respect this time around! The grateful look in her customers' eyes as she fixes their clothes gives her a sense of belonging, and a purpose .

------

Sally is in the middle of mending a button when she hears the bell of the front door opening and closing. The ragdoll eagerly jumps out from her seat and meets with this visitor - only for her jaw to drop open in surprise. She's met with the two figures who look around her shop curiously. They notice the ragdoll's appearance and approach her without any hesitation. She remains where she is, frozen as a statue behind the counter.

She finds herself inches away from her mother and father figure. She blinks a few times in astonishment. "Doctor..? Jewel..?"

The tall woman is the one to greet her. "We heard about your new seamstress shop and just had to see it for ourselves!"

Her black eyes drop to Doctor Finklestein right away, who is avoiding eye contact with her. He is observing the sewing machines around the room without a word. He doesn't look particularly interested, a small frown settled on his lips. Her lips fall before directing her attention back to Jewel, giving her a warm smile and offering her hand.

"It's been awhile since we've seen each other..! I know we've called a few times, but-"

"-Don't worry about it. Calling you has meant a lot to us. Isn't that right, Doctor..?"

He looks surprised at the sound of his name and finally glances up. He looks between the two fidgetly before nodding and looking away again. "Yes, yes, just fine..."

He looks uneasy in here. She's never seen him so uncomfortable, beyond the times he was in the presence of the Pumpkin King. He seems to be looking around a lot, examining the shop as much as he can. She starts worrying about what's going through his head - if the place isn't up to his standards or if he doesn't approve of any of this. She scolds herself for even thinking such a thing and attempts to get his attention.