Kidnap the Seamstress

The next few months in Halloween Town are... strangely calm. The reign of terror inflicted by the trick-or-treaters comes to a crashing halt after their confrontation with Jack Skellington. Monsters are finally free to roam the streets again. The children are allowed to enjoy their candies and sweets with no disruptions. Even shopkeepers get to relax when the vandalism and harassment stop. The message is clear - things feel like they're at peace again.

Boogie's Boys still appear around town. But they are now under the orders of the Mayor. They run his errands and clean up around the Town Hall. Most of their chores are done with scowls, often completed haphazardly - but still completed, nonetheless. Residents are pleased to find the town looking neat and proper again. The witches are glad to have some help around their shop while the town's seamstress enjoys a hand-or-two offered to her during the day.

Lock, Shock, and Barrel are not thrilled about the situation one bit. Shock is pestered by Helgamine and Zeldaborne with their lessons on witchcraft. Lock receives several lectures from the Mayor and Jack about their previous pranks. Barrel is restricted from eating candy while they're working. He nearly throws a tantrum when the Mayor takes away his lollipop and confiscates his hidden stash of sweets. It takes a lot of willpower for the three not to snap and cause a ruckus.

In this time, Oogie assures them to wait and endure. To be patient. He promises their reward will be the biggest they've ever received. So, they do as they're told. They imagine piles of candy as high as mountains - or an even bigger pot of his snake & spider stew. Their mouths water at the picture, steam rolling off the lid of their bowls as the smells temptingly linger in the air...

—--

As time goes on, October arrives. Fall comes beautifully, the trees finally shedding their leaves and littering the sidewalks in oranges and yellows. Activity rises in Halloween Town - monsters scurrying down the streets excitedly while the town hall is filled with commotion. Jack Skellington and the Mayor become incredibly busy during this time, cooped up in their offices as they tend to paperwork and businesses for Halloween that year. While the officials remain unseen, the rest of the citizens happily enjoy their activities in town. Spirits are exceptionally high while creatures decorate buildings and wear their festive costumes, whistling their tunes and dancing along.

On this particular day, citizens are banded together in the plaza, watching one of the human horror films projected on the wishing well. Those wanting to watch it are cooped up in front, peering down below while the rest sit nearby and listen. Children shove themselves near the well and watch the screen with wild eyes. Sally Finklestein and the Hanging Tree, along with his Hanging Men, are sitting at a table knitting together while listening to the screams of terror coming from afar. The sounds of someone being stabbed to death, perhaps?

"I think I've seen this one," The tree comments as he pulls his knitting needle through. "The effects were incredible for its time! The blood looks almost real."

"-The effects were great, sure, but the costumes look terrible." One of the skeletons shakes his skull. He turns and points at the ragdoll. "I bet Sally could make the clothes waaay better!"

She waves off the compliment. "Everyone gives me too much credit. I'm sure whoever worked on them did an awful job."

The rest of the hanging men mumble their opinions, some in agreement and others indifferent. She's too focused on her knitting to properly listen. She feels proud with how this personal project is coming along. She's been working on making a small pair of blankets for Zero and Ophelia. To keep them warm during the night, and sleep in while they're in their beds. She's even making them matching designs! So far, everything is going smoothly. Their sessions together have given her such an improvement..!