Wedding

A/N:  Sally's wedding dress is based on one of my favorite pieces on deviantART, https://www.deviantart.com/julibee-darling/art/Ragdoll-Bride-262633630 (above)

Jack's suit is the Dancing Jack outfit from Oogie's revenge - which you can see here: https://64.media.tumblr.com/aea8f8f8bdcf680d0ff7dee16caf6e42/tumblr_inline_pausq7s4cC1un8abg_540.png

------

The large bell housing prominently over the Town Hall rings loudly across Halloween Town. The deafening notes are heard miles away. Its noise is an announcement to something urgent. In this case, a wedding – but not an ordinary ceremony. A royal one, as the Pumpkin King is marrying a woman, who, after the matrimony, can call herself the new Pumpkin Queen.

It's been ages since a royal wedding has been recorded in the town's history. The citizens are urgent, desperate to participate in this once-in-a-death event. A good portion of the town attends, having a connection with their king and his fiancée. They receive a generous RSVP line, filling the town square with seats and tables to accommodate the large crowd attending.

As the center of Halloween Town crowds with attendees, the husband-and-wife-to-be slip out from the commotion unnoticed. It's a graceful feat, thanks to the skeleton's natural gift of creeping. They're strolling through the Outskirts, hand happily in one another's. Human ceremonies take superstitions seriously, but Halloween Town adores bad luck. Jack and Sally are striving to get the worst possible, to ensure things roll smoothly.

"It's beautiful outside," The ragdoll says, holding the ends of her dress to avoid the dirt. He notices the storm clouds hanging overhead, threatening to unleash rain any second now. He's felt the static on his spine all day. Nothing can make him more content than this ideal weather.

"It truly is," He agrees.

"I'm glad we didn't cancel the ceremony. I love rain."

He holds his palm out to feel the raindrops coming down. "It should only be a light shower, thankfully."

She looks excited with this news. She notices the distance they've made from town and her smile falters. She wants to stay like this for hours - alone together, enjoying the peaceful sights before something so... nerve-wracking.

She's prepared for this day for a long time, planning with her fiancé and practicing the ceremony. She's read about what to expect from weddings. Although she may be book-ready, she doesn't anticipate the strong swelling in her leaves. It's an overwhelming but delightful feeling - being with Jack makes it temporarily go away. But they'll have to face the attention sooner or later.

"We can head back, now."

He agrees. He swerves them into the opposite direction in a smooth movement and she giggles. They slip in the same way they snuck out. They part from each other to welcome guests, exchanging delighted grins every time the other passes their vision.

——————————

An hour or so passes while everyone settles themselves at the tables, with the help of Lock and Barrel. The Halloween Town band plays music to keep monsters patient while they sip their drinks and watch children run around playing. They're eager to witness the marriage between their King and future-Queen already. The Mayor frequently reminds them to be patient. They're setting up canopies, in hopes of keeping guests dry in case the rain falls earlier than expected.

It isn't long before the Mayor urges everyone to their seats, claiming things will begin. Creatures snatch as many spots close to the front as possible. The rows are shortly filled, with no need for any parties on either side. The ghosts and winged creatures hover in the back while everyone faces the direction of the altar intently.