Chapter 18: Smile

---------------------------------------------------------

It was silent in the spacious house. There were only two men inside, hugging. After a few more minutes of hair petting and George whispering sweet nothings into his ear, Dream finally stopped crying. He pulled away, embarrassed as he apologized to George for ruining his shirt. George didn't care at all about it. He said he was just glad that Dream felt a little bit better now.

George sat on the bed beside Dream as they began to start another conversation. They started slowly from small talks, how are you's, what did they do, and all those other things that would come to mind. Then Dream asked where did George go and why he returned so quickly.

"I... have something for you." George began. The blond man watched him as he reached to his pockets and pulled out a small golden box. "I would pick green, but I can only see piss yellow."

Dream laughed at such a silly joke. It wasn't that funny, but moments later, he transformed into a tea kettle. George laughed along with him. But what George didn't know that Dream was only trying to hide the nervousness he felt when he said he had a present for Dream. Either way, George was happy to hear Dream's laugh again. Soon, their laughter faded out as George slowly opened the box.

The younger man kept his eyes on the box as he felt his heart skip a beat. He was nervous for no reason. Then George carefully took what was inside the box and held it up for Dream to see. It was a silver necklace with a smiley pendant, similar to Dream's blob of a Minecraft skin. The dirty-blond man was speechless. He doesn't know if it was because of George's thoughtfulness or it was because the pendant was so adorable for him.

George took one of Dream's hand and placed the necklace in his open palm. And as the cold steel touched his palm, Dream's vision blurred.

.........................................................

"Happy birthday, Clay!" George exclaimed, a bright smile reaching to his ears. Clay loved that smile. The brunet held out a small green box in front of Clay. "I got you a present!"

"Aww, thank you, Georgie!" The taller man happily accepted the gift and eagerly opened it. George giggled in the background, excited for the man to see his gift. Clay held the gift in his hand. It was a silver necklace with a smiley face pendant.

"It's the blob Dream!" Clay was like a kid who got what he wanted on Christmas. "It looks exactly like Blob Dream! How did you do this?"

"I had it made customized from a jewelry maker!" George replied. "Do you like it?"

"George, I love it! Thank you!" Then Dream pulled the shorter man into a big hug. The brunet just laughed at him. A few seconds later, Dream pulled away. "Why is it Blob Dream, though?"

"Well, duh! It's you! You are the Blob Dream. It's your icon!" George displayed a sassy tone and face. The other man laughed at him. "Also, it shows a smile. It reminds me of you and your smile. I like it, I guess."

"Aww, Georgie likes my smile?" Clay teased. The shorter man scoffed and just rolled his eyes at him. Clay laughed again before he said, "I like your smile too."

.........................................................

"I'm not sure if you remember, but I gave you that necklace before," George said. "Well, this a new one because the original got damaged after the accident and I couldn't retrieve it. You seemed to have liked that smiley face pendant a lot, so I figured you'd like to have it back again."