Chapter 27: The Last Chapter

---------------------------------------------------------

"So, tomorrow?" Sandra asked, voice coming from the phone.

"Yeah. I'll text you the details later." Dream replied as he rested his head on the back of the chair, staring at the ceiling.

"Awesome! Thank you! Goodbye!" Then the line went dead.

Dream sighed as he closed his eyes for a moment, letting the silence clear the thoughts inside his head. For a second, he seemed to regret his decision to accept Sandra's offer. But he just had enough of all the drama that's going on. He just wanted answers.

He breathed out softly and stood up to take the camera in his hands.

"Hey." He said particularly to no one. "I'm probably going to get some answers soon. I just hope George can wait a little longer for me. Though, I've already made him wait long enough. He deserves only the best. I hope he comes home soon; I want to talk to him. Wait, why am I talking to the air?"

He quietly laughed at himself as he finally turned the camera off. He placed the camera down on his desk, and his eyes landed on his phone. He paused for a moment, thinking of what to do next. His heart felt so heavy that every second he would breathe hurts so much, and he knows why. After what it seems like hours, he finally took his phone and called a number.

"Sometimes, all I think about is you.~"

Dream flinched upon hearing a familiar sound coming from somewhere. He was supposed to be home alone today, but the sound implied otherwise. As he tried to figure out where the sound was coming from, the song abruptly ended along with his dialing phone. Only one conclusion came into his mind:

George is back home.

Dream's face suddenly lit up at the realization. Then he quickly went out of his room to search for George. The man in question was inside his room, mentally slapping himself for not muting his phone. He was pretty sure the other man had heard it. And as he expected, his door slowly opened.

"George! You're back..." Dream said, almost a little shaky as he was suddenly overwhelmed with feelings upon seeing George. He's here.

He's here back home!

"Oh, hi." George weakly replied, looking away. He honestly didn't want to deal with Dream right now. And with that, the suffocating silence crept in again.

George was standing in front of his closet. He was rummaging through something when Dream came into the room, and he had to stop. Suddenly the memories from yesterday flashed in George's mind. The way Dream and the girl were so close, the way Dream's hands were on her waist, the way the girl's arms were locked around his neck, and the way their lips connected. George wished he was the one in that woman's position.

And that one sickening memory from just a few moments ago...

George looked at Dream once again.

This time he meant it. This time it was his own decision.

If it wasn't so dark in George's room, maybe the taller man could have noticed how the brunet's eyes flickered in sadness. If he could only see the other's face against the window light, maybe Dream could have seen the longing that the other couldn't hide anymore. But he couldn't pick them up. He couldn't see the boy that was crumbling in front of him.

"George... I- I'm- I'm so glad that you're back. You're back home." Dream softly said, almost a whisper. A warm smile crept on his face as genuine happiness bubbled in his heart. However, George felt the opposite.