Chapter 24: Space

---------------------------------------------------------

What would've happened if we never fell in love in the first place? What would've happened if I never fell in love?

I was happy when I was finally yours, and you were mine. But maybe I was happier when there was nothing between us, just best friends across the screens. Maybe I was happier back then when we only had that kind of space, where we just kept longing to feel each other but never doing so. Where in the very least, you longed for me.

---------------------------------------------------------

A misunderstanding?

At this moment, it wouldn't be a surprise if the vase fell and broke into pieces on the floor. In that state of shock, it would be rational to let the nerves in your hands momentarily freeze and let go of the smooth porcelain container. But George didn't do that. He just felt his fingers grip tighter, almost breaking it himself.

"G-george!" The blond man abruptly shoved the girl away from him, causing the girl to stumble onto the floor. He would feel guilty pushing her that hard, but he could only look at the brunet in horror. What has he done?

The girl hissed at the pain upon contact to the ground. She groaned as she stood back up, meeting George's eyes in the process.

"Oh, it's you." The girl sneered.

Before she could continue though, she felt her arm suddenly being yanked by white porcelain hands. The next thing she knew, the cold air hugged her as she was forcefully pulled and thrown out the door.

Both Floridians were taken by surprise at what happened. Neither of them remembered how the vase disappeared from the brunet's hands to the corner of the staircase.

What would a normal person do at this point? Maybe cry, maybe fight, or maybe defend. George thought he'd punish the person who did him wrong. Apparently for him, being yeeted outside the house wasn't enough. So the dark oak-haired boy swiftly went back inside and grabbed a pitcher from the fridge and a bowl of flour. And before the snake in a female wig could scream profanities at him, George splashed the cold water into her face, ruining her make up. Now she looked like a clown. And as a strawberry on top, George let the bowl of flour in his hand 'slip' into the girl's face and down unto her wet outfit.

The bitch sat there on the ground shivering from the cold as she screamed threats and insults at the person who doused her with what she deserved. Yet her voice wasn't heard, nothing went through the British man's ears. There were only a piercing screech and the sound of his heart shattering into pieces that rung like wind chimes.

George then casually took out his phone from his pocket and lifted it towards his ears. Then with a deadpan look, he spoke. "Hello, 911? Yes. There's a crazy woman in front of my house. Uhuh, yes, that's her shouting profanities at me and my husband because we're gay."

The girl gasped when she heard those words spill from George's perfect pink lips. Panic and fear engulfed her. Unable to do anything, the girl finally stood up and ran away. After George couldn't see her anymore, he closed the door and placed the empty bowl and pitcher on the kitchen counter where Dream was.

Emerald and oak-colored eyes met. George just smiled at Dream. But it wasn't a smile he could be happy about, it looked almost sinister like of an insane man.