Chapter 22: Invitation and Panic

---------------------------------------------------------

"Okay, George, this is it! I'm really doing this! I can do this." George whispered to himself as he looked at his reflection in the mirror, quite nervous. "Why am I so nervous? This is just gonna be a fun day with Dream! But this day has to be perfect! Sapnap, do you think I should change? Am I a bit overdressed? Do you think this is too much? Should I take off---"

"George, stop. You already look stunning!" Nick replied as he put a hand on George's shoulder for assurance. However, George was still unsure as he showed a weak smile through the mirror. "Gogy, I'm one hundred percent sure that Dream is gonna LOVE how you look right now like a deer on headlights. It's okay, George. You look great!"

"I'm still pretty nervous, Sap." George replied as he turned around to face Nick properly. "I don't want to have another bad day with Dream again. What if he declines my offer? What if he won't accept my apology? What if today would go horribly wrong- like traffic or rain or- or-"

Normally, Nick would already tease George about overthinking everything, but he knew that today was going to be a challenge for the older man. So Nick just warmly smiled at George.

"George, you will be fine. Dream won't say no to you." Nick softly said. "Dream won't push you away. And even if there would be traffic or rain, don't let it ruin your day. Remember George, it's all about how you carry things through. Don't let simple things like that get in your way in getting back your lover boy."

George softly chuckled at Nick, but he was grateful to have his best friend supporting him. "Thank you, Nick."

"Anytime, George. Now go get your dream man!" Nick winked at George as he proceeded to exit George's room. George rolled his eyes at Nick's horrible pun, but he waved goodbye with a smile.

"Well, have fun with your date with Karl!" George added as Nick turned around the corner and disappeared.

"It's not a date!", was Nick's last words before George heard the front door opening and then closing moments later. George just silently laughed at himself.

"Okay George, this is it." He whispered to himself one more time.

...

It was already the next day after that encounter with Dream's ex. Dream felt conflicted again as old unwanted memories came rushing into his head. It was painful.

And now, stupid questions popped into his mind. Did he even really like guys? Did he mistake his love for his best friend for something more romantic? Is he even bi? Is he straight now? He just met his ex, and he is straight now?

"No, not again!" Dream said out loud to himself as he paced back and forth in his room. He groaned as he swept his hand across his dirty blond mop of hair. He stopped in his track as he let out a distressed sigh. "Why did I have to forget? Why me? Why?"

"Dream?"

Before Dream could continue his internal crisis, he heard a soft voice and someone knocking on his door. He knew it was George. He took a deep breath to compose himself. Then he walked towards his door and opened it.

George looked gorgeous.

He was wearing a brown turtleneck shirt with sleeves reaching to his knuckles so that only his long slender fingers showed. He tucked it into his plain light-brown pants that hugged his curves paired with dark boots. And to top it off, he decided to wear some accessories. His silver goggle necklace adorned his shirt, he wore some rings on his fingers, and he dangled some chains on his pants. His hair was neatly combed, and his Enchroma clout goggles sat on his dark hair. And as Dream took a closer look at George, he noticed he was wearing light makeup. It was a pleasant change, but the blond man thought he didn't need any of those at all; he would still be beautiful.