Chapter 26: Enough

---------------------------------------------------------

For someone who prefers to be cooped up in a room all day, he realized that streets in the early morning aren't so bad after all. The weather was gloomy and cold at 6 AM. There were only a few people out on the streets, a few bikes and cars passing by.

December has just rolled in, and the Christmas decors looked pretty around the city. Though as much as he appreciated the view, George didn't have the energy to smile at it. The feeling in his heart was still suffocating him as he silently stared outside the window. But at least the aroma of the bread being baked and served soothed him a little.

There he was sitting at one of the tables in a bakery, Darryl's Bakery. He held a mug filled with hot choco in one hand while his head relaxed on the other. His elbows rested on the table beside a notebook and a pen in front of him. As he zoned out, he ignored the sound of the wind chime hanging above the door that signifies people coming in and out of the bakery.

"Oh, hi! Good morning!" George could only register Bad's voice in the bakery and occasionally, Skeppy's, as the diamond boy helped out around the shop.

"Today is a workday for you. I know you always order muffins to start the day, so I already got you covered!" Bad said as he handed out a paper bag filled with goodies to a regular customer.

"You're always so thoughtful and observant, Darryl. Thank you so much!" A very tall man in a black suit answered. He looked suspicious as he wore dark sunglasses on a gloomy day and a crown sat on his head. One could barely see his face covered by his curly brown hair and a black and white mask.

"You're welcome, muffin." Bad replied, an innocent smile drawn on his face. "How's your work, by the way?"

"Oh, it has been normal. Well, the work is normal, but the people are not." The man chuckled. "But I kinda like it. There's just this certain charm in them."

"I get what you mean," Bad replied. "Well, I can't hold you here much longer because you have work. I hope you have a good day!"

"I hope you have a great day too, bud. I'll be going now. Thanks again, Bad. And bye, Skeppy!" The man raised his voice in the last part for Skeppy to hear who was at the back.

"Whhaaatt?" A voice from the kitchen reached the ears of the two. Both men laughed. The man in a suit waved goodbye and exited out the glass door.

The bakery fell into a comfortable silence as people momentarily stopped coming in. It was then Bad's attention turned to the pale British boy spacing out in a corner. Then his eyes landed on the notebook that was open in front of the man. He smiled lightly and made his way towards the other.

"Hey, how are you?" Bad said as he took a seat across the man. The pale-skinned boy slowly turned his head towards the man in glasses as he straightened his posture.

"Oh, hey, Bad." George began, awkwardly shifting in his seat and subtly covering the notebook with one of his hands. "I'm feeling just... peachy."

"Is the writing helping you clear your mind?" Bad asked, noticing how the other tried to cover the notebook out of embarrassment.

"A little bit, yeah." George honestly replied as his eyes fell to the notebook. He flipped it to another empty page. "Hey, Darryl?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks," George said, a small smile on his face. "I greatly appreciate you for letting me stay for the night. Sorry for the intrusion."

Bad smiled at George as their eyes met. "Oh, it's alright, you muffin! I'm just glad I could help you! Although, I would like you and Dream to talk and make up."