Chapter 1: Once Upon a Time

--------------------------------------------------

...

Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

I'm colorblind.

Well, did I make you at least smile? Please, say yes. I want you to be happy, even when I'm gone.

...

--------------------------------------------------------

"Under the tree! Badum-Badum!" the phone alarm rang loudly at 8 A.M.

"Under the tree! Badum-Badum! I am a dog under a log- Under the tree! Badum-ba-" before the ringtone could repeat itself, a hand reached out to turn it off

I sigh escaped from the lips of the man under the covers. Only his dark hair poked out from the blanket. After some time, he decided to get up from the bed and fixed himself. Before exiting his room, he looked at himself in the mirror. He was thin, pale, and had bags under his eyes. He only wore a simple blue shirt and jeans.

As he looked at his pitiful self, his mind wandered

As he looked at his pitiful self, his mind wandered. When was the last time he woke up with a smile on his face? When was the last time he opened his eyes to a beautiful morning? When was the last time he felt the familiar warmth that hugged him every waking second of his life?

He sighed once more and exited the room. He silently walked downstairs, eyes locked on the ground, a face that showed no emotions, and a mind that seemed to wonder about everything that had happened in his life.

"George! Good morning!" a blond man greeted him. He was a bit taller than the brunette and had freckles that adorned his cheeks. They looked like tiny stars in the universe, and his yellow eyes were the sun. At least, that's what they looked like to George. He was wearing jeans and a green hoodie with a smiley face drawn on it. But to George, it looked piss-yellow.

 But to George, it looked piss-yellow