Chapter 5

Reader's P.O.V.

As soon as we all were off the blimp it quickly flew away. We were given no indicator on how to enter the tower so I darted my eyes around seeing if the others stumbled upon something useful. One by one, slowly, examinees started disappearing. I rose a brow walking a few steps ahead of my spot only to be very suddenly sucked beneath the floor. I waited to hit a hard surface but was instead held tightly in someone's arms. I looked at the person only to release a slightly aggressive sigh.

"Why do I always end up with you somehow?" I asked the clown. Hisoka chuckled and held me closer, inhaling my scent. 

"I for one don't mind. You always keep me entertained.~" Hisoka said looking into my eyes. I looked away and hopped out of Hisoka's grasp. 

"Mm, just the two of you then. Alright! This should be fun. Step forward and press your hand on the panel in front of you." A voice said over the speakers. We both did as told and as soon as the panel scanned our hands, a piece of metal was forcefully wrapped around our wrists. (Yes I did get this idea from another fanfic cause I really enjoyed it. Credit for idea can go to the author of that fanfic) I gazed at the small stretch of chain that connected Hisoka and I, growling a little louder than intended. 

"You will try to make it through this tower within the time limit given to you, the biggest part of this trial is to see how well you work together as a team." The voice said again then a timer in bold red digits appeared on a screen. seventy-two hours to get through this. I growled again yanking the chain hard only to get zapped in retaliation. I rubbed my wrist at the now small burn that surrounded it. This just keeps getting better. The cuffs were kind of tight as well so my wrist was very agitated.

Hisoka's hand reached for my slightly wounded one and he rubbed it softly. It almost was unexpected, his touch seemed so soft and caring unlike before. Hisoka brought his lips to the forming mark left from the electrical shock and gave it a series of gentle kisses. I was more confused than ever and merely gave off an expression mirroring my emotions.

"I don't understand most things you do but this is more confusing than ever. You are being gentle, not the blood lust filled aggression you have been showing me since we first encountered one another." I said almost in a whisper. Hisoka gave me another shit-eating grin like always, even though the passionate emotions in his eyes didn't quite match up.

"You getting hurt while we are chained together just won't do. If my little toy is to get hurt it will be when we fight each other so I can see all of that delicious power you keep hidden.~" Hisoka said, linking his arm with mine the best he could while being chained together. I nodded in response and walked alongside him as we made it to our first obstacle. 

The obstacles weren't very hard but I kept forgetting I couldn't just pull against the shackles or I got zapped so most of my wrist was turning red fast.

"Damn these cuffs, I'm just useless if I can't move." I growled mostly to myself. 

"Don't enjoy being a damsel in distress?" Hisoka asked his stupid ass smirk. I snapped my fingers, a chain of flames making their way up Hisoka's arm and smacking him in the face. 

"No, I want to as far from a damsel in distress as I can get. Up until now that was all I ever was. Pathetic, cowardly, and helpless. No one believes I can become better than that so I will prove all their asses wrong." I said clenching and releasing my fist repeatedly.