Chapter 9

3rd P.O.V.

The final phase of the exam started, the brackets made for who fought who. The second match (Y/N) was to be in was against who she calls 'the chattering green bean'. To say the least she was excited for this. She knew even if she lost against him she would easily beat the guy after him. easy pray. (Y/N)'s arm was out of the sling and she was able to at least bend it a bit but it was still casted. 

"Give me all you got.~" she said, slowly forming her blue fire covered chains. The man just chattered and twitched in response. (Y/N) shot her chains at the main which he merely dodged with no problem. The girl shot out non-fire covered chains all around the fighting space to use as leverage and trap him the best she could. (Y/N) ran at the tall man and went to kick but last minute got into a defensive position as he threw a punch of his own

(Y/N) blocked the powerful kick with her good arm, a large bruise sure to form soon. (Y/N) looked up at the man, a glare behind her goggles and jumped up and to the side, now using the chains to send punch after punch at him which he blocked then tried to counter which she dodged in return. This pattern seemed like it wasn't going to end. They almost seemed evenly matched but the girl knew better than to assume so. (Y/N) could sense there was something this man was hiding and it probably had to do with those gruesome pins all over his body.

Unexpectedly the girl was able to land one kick to the face which in return earned her a hard downwards kick to the back, sending her straight into the ground. (Y/N) groaned as she got up, spitting the blood that was pooling in her mouth and dripping down her chin.

"If I were a healthier condition I think I would actually be able to beat you but unfortunately I don't magically heal in a snap so I forfeit this match so I can get a little rest before I completely kick ass in the next one." she said stepping out of the fighting area. (Y/N) looked at the battle chart and saw there were two battles till her next one. (Y/N) told the instructor she was going to relax somewhere else then left. (Y/N) found a water fountain outside and laid down on the outer part of the stone fountain.  

Reader's P.O.V.

I laid there looking up at the sky, watching the fluffy white clouds float by.

"It was impressive how  well you managed to hold your own against Gittarauker. Was quite nice seeing all that power exerted.~" Hisoka's voice rang through my ears. I sat up with a bit of a groan but displayed a bit of a smile anyways.

"If I wasn't so beat up I would have been able some damage. The next round I will beat no sweat." I said with a confident smirk. Hisoka sat next to me on the edge of the fountain and brought his hand to the middle of my back I groaned slightly when he applied pressure to the area I was very roughly kicked.

"How very careless to go and get yourself even more injured. If we fight you most definitely would lose in this condition." Hisoka said gliding his hand down my arm and bringing my hand close to his lips, seemingly taking in my scent through his nose. 

"As much as I want to fight you, what you say is correct. I can only take a couple more major hits like that before I am out of commission." I sighed, tracing my fingers over Hisoka's jawline. I could hear a slight version of a purr rumble from his throat. "But till my next fight why don't we just relax out here for a moment. Once the exam is over it will be a while till I get to enjoy your company." I said resting my head on his lap. 

"You enjoy my company huh? Here I thought you still disliked me.~" Hisoka said, that same teasing tone.

"If I still hated you like I did at the beginning of this exam then I wouldn't have left you kiss me back on the island dumbass." I grumbled. Hisoka chuckled and hummed in response.