Chapter 14

Reader's P.O.V

I crushed the stone in my palm and watched the green dust gather around me. An explosion went off then I heard an ear shattering roar. 

"You are the person who freed me? I thank you." The beast said. 

"You have been around since the beginning of my blood line. Can you help me get stronger? I want to fix what they have disgraced." I said looking into its cold eyes. It huffed and let smoke file out of its nostrils.

"The (L/N)'s were once a clan of honorable stature. Respected by the surrounding families and treated as the nobles they were. They protected the sacred shrine my kind had once left behind and kept my species a secret from the rest of the world until one fateful day. Generations ago, a man who married into the family by arrangement had gone corrupt. Many rumors to how it happened none of which I know are true or not. After that marriage the reputation your clan had was rebuilt in an instant, into what you see now." The beast said. "What we dragons did in turn for your families protection was we bonded with the heirs, no one outside the clan knew how the (L/N)'s got their strong abilities but it made them all the more respectable. When that man married into the family he tracked down every dragon bonded human and killed them along with any other dragon they came across then he left me in that stone. To eternally stand by." It said. I could feel the sadness the animal felt down to my soul.

"I can't rewrite the past and bring back your fallen brethren but if you would let me. I can help avenge them. They walk around calling themselves my family but they have only ever messed with things that cannot be fixed now. If I don't get rid if them, nothing will ever get fixed." I said then looked down. "The thing is, if my family back out of the crime network then the Zoldyck's will take their place and that is just as bad. I can't return my families legacy it used to hold but I can better what it has become now." I said looking back up at the dragon of pure white.

"You have a noble soul, one with a sturdy conviction and little fear. One that reminds me of your ancestors all those years ago. We can start the ritual now." It said. I nodded and followed the instructions it gave afterwards. I let my aura and bloodlust release in all of its strength and the dragon did the same, reciting a chant. My eyes glew a bright red as the dragon turned into the dust I saw earlier and my body absorbed it instantly. The blue flames I had known most of my life turned into a cold icy white, with specs of an ice blue flaring up here and there. My chains had materialized as broken shackles around my wrists and ankles  that were almost transparent and I could feel my body heal on its own. I clenched my hands a few times feeling my body adjust to the new power. 

My eyes finally returned to their normal color and my body no longer shook. "I may be a part of you now but you can still summon me when needed. Just say my name and I will materialize in my own form once more. My name is Kiddra." Kiddra said. I nodded and somehow automatically knew extra information to answer my few questions. Kiddra wasn't materialized but he also wasn't just hunkered down in my mind somewhere. The dragons when they are bonded have their own realm they reside in till the person needs their assistance. I looked at the icy colored flames dancing around my hand then stuffed my hands into my pockets. 

"We will soon be able to launch an attack on them." I said to myself as I entered the building the others were in and found my spot next to Hisoka by the window. The clown looked my form up and down his eyes wide as a grin plastered itself on his face.

"Your aura has skyrocketed in size. You can see your strength as clear as day.~" Hisoka said licking his lips while still staring at me. I smirked a little and tilted my head to the side to look at him.