Chapter 8

Reader's P.O.V.

The next day we got ready to head to the meet up spot we were told the remainder of us would get picked up. Uncomfortably I rode piggy back on Leorio's back. I was embarrassed and also annoyed with myself for getting so beat up.

"Attention all remaining participants! Please return to the starting point as soon as possible! You have one hour to get there, if not you fail the exam!" The announcer lady shouted across the island. We started to walk at a faster pace, just barely making it.

With help I managed to stand on my own as the lady counted us off one by one and I was last. "Then finally number ten Ms. (Y/N)!" The lady shouted. I sighed knowing that the pair of eyes staring me down was none other than Hisoka. I was helped onto the boat then leaned myself against the wooden rail. 

"I will be good now, thanks guys. Go chillax for a bit." I said shooing them off as another person walked up next to me.

"Fighting keep you busy out there?" I asked the vibrant haired man standing next to me. I looked back down momentarily as I heard the wood splinter and saw Hisoka clench his fists. I snickered slightly and put my movable hand on top of his clenched fist.

"It wasn't any ordinary participant. This guy was an old friend sent by my parents to locate me and bring me back dead or alive. I was caught off guard and got caught up in my memories to keep up." I said softly. Hisoka's fist loosened slightly. I smiled a little while looking out at the water. 

"This doesn't mean I am okay with someone else going after my little toy." Hisoka said no hint of his teasing nature.

I dryly chuckled at the clown. "I told you I am fine,  clown. Next time he won't be so lucky. That is if my parents don't kill him first." I said, a devious smirk crawling onto my face.

Time~Skip

We arrive back on the ship and Netero quickly saw to it my injuries were properly taken care of. "Tell me, will I be able to fight in the final phase?" I asked the person who treated my wounds. Using their Nen ability they were able to more thoroughly heal my bigger internal wounds. 

"The gash on your abdomen should be healed enough for you to fight. Same goes for your arm but that doesn't make it any less broken. other than those your bruises shouldn't bother you so yes I believe so." The person said then dismissed me. I walked around the airship with a slight limb from the sprained ankle I obtained. I landed myself next to one of the many large windows. I lightly leaned against the window looking out at the earth below us. I closed my eyes, feeling more relaxed than before but also more agitated. 

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist loosely but I didn't try to push him off. "Calmed down now?" I asked the clown. I felt him clench his fist but I could tell he let off some steam. I turned around in his arms grabbed his face and had him look me in the eyes. 

"Hisoka, it was totally unexpected. I thought I was doing well at keeping myself on the down low but it seems I was wrong so this is completely my fault." I said. "They know for sure now that I am alive and well, there will be more bounty hunters and assassins coming by the day. They will rise the price on my head and sooner or later one hundred percent not care if I am brought in alive just as long as I am retrieved." I continued, never looking away from his eyes. "That means you have many more chances to protect me from people like Jackson." I finished giving him a smirk and letting my hand fall back to my side.