Chapter 7

Reader's P.O.V

I wondered around and let most of the week go by. I knew I had to get serious now if I were to pass, Granted I probably had enough points with the badges I happened upon. I was currently sat with my feet dipped in the water formed by the small waterfall above. I was examining my arm when I heard a small snap behind me. I quickly jumped up and out of the way of the projectile thrown at me. I growled a little since I wasn't even fully dressed and had to fight. I was currently in my tank top and a pair of shorts I changed into so I could dip my toes into the water. My arm was currently unwrapped and exposed to the fresh air making it sting. My goggles were also strewn around the water with the rest of my belongings. 

Out of the trees stepped my target.

"I honestly don't believe I am your target, just here to get some extra points?" I asked with a cocky grin.

"No, I could care less about this stupid exam. I am here for a greater prize and she is standing right in front of me." The man said pointing at me. My grin dropped and my eyes widened as their (F/C) glow came back. "And there is the evidence that you are indeed the person the (L/N)'s have been looking for." The man added. my fist clenched at the sound of them.

"Why were you sent after me? Some reward money was issued and the amount just spoke to you?" I asked, my facial features flattening to hide my emotions.

"Yes I do admit the reward money for capturing you alive is quite high but I have my own reasons for taking the job. You wouldn't remember me as it has been years since you have seen me but I once considered you a friend." The man said. I was confused at his words then it struck me.

"I only had one friend outside of my brother....Jackson?" I asked. The man's eyes narrowed as he finally revealed himself fully to me. He took off the shawl that was hiding what I thought to be his scrawny body and the scarf hiding his face. He didn't wear a shirt so you could clearly see his built body and now you could see his milky brown locks and abnormal blue eyes. His eyes almost glew with how light blue they were.

"Hello (Y/N). It sure has been a long time. I really am sorry about this." Jack said grabbing the hilt of his sword.

"Why would you take a job for my parents? Jack you hated them just as much as I did! What they did to me and what even your own parents did to us along with it! Have they brain washed you?!" I shouted avoiding his first strike.

"If I didn't take the job they would have sent someone who would have definitely killed you! Sure they would prefer you brought back alive so they can just kill you themselves but there is a bounty on your head for your corpse too!" Jack shouted back. I summoned my chains, fire lighting up the area. I flung my chains at him only for them to be deflected. 

"You think you can defeat me then? Without killing me??" I asked through the fighting. "Sorry to burst your bubble Jack but I am far from what I used to be!!" I shouted my flames intensifying in size. They didn't burn down the trees as they spread but they did envelope everything around me. I flung chains in every direction around Jack, jumping from one chain and bouncing off the next, sending speed attacks at my attacker. 

Jack stood there blocking each strike the best he could not having time to respond. I quickly hopped onto his back and wrapping a leg around his neck and bashing his head into the dirt.

"You may have once been a dear friend of mine but I will not let anyone drag me back to that hell! I was able to escape and fight day after day, getting stronger so I can go back and kill every last one of them!!!!" I growled, my fire changing to an almost black color then to one of a burning crimson. I saw Jack's eyes widen at the sudden change and saw him take a step back. My eyes glowing with a raging and angry (F/C) as I stepped closer to him.