Chapter 24.

New York City, New York.
two weeks later...
Omniscient

" You ready to go baby?" Cairo asked, going into their closet to get a pair shoes. He grabbed a pair of Air Force ones to put on, going into the bathroom where Ivory was at. He saw that her attention was on the TV that was out nearby in the bedroom. Looking up and seeing what was on, he knew why she was so invested into it.

On the news channel, they were talking about Lance, and him being found unconscious in the alley. Gee Money, Latrell, and the rest of the people that were there that night were on the news as well, describing what had happened. The news reporter ended the topic however, saying that
the police were doing investigations.

" Baby."

" Hm?"

" you okay?"

" y-yeah.....no. No, I'm not. Cairo, what if they can trace it all back to you? I don't want you going to jail."

" Baby, chill. I doubt they'd be able to do all that. And if it does happen, I got a legal team. They'll get me out in less than an hour." Cairo says, reassuring her.

" I just hope I don't have to see his face again. I don't want to be near him. Ever. Knowing him though, he's probably contacted my family...trying to get to me."

" You don't have to answer to none of them babe. Not until you're ready. And for Lance, you ain't ever gotta worry about him. I'm gonna be here for you. And he ain't do shit while I'm 'round..." Cairo says, making Ivory grinned.

She was loving the feeling of being protected by someone that cared about her. It was something that she hadn't felt in forever.

" you ready to go this appointment so we can check on my baby girl?"

" Yeah, let's get going...it starts at 1, and traffic is gonna get crazy." Ivory says, getting out of her chair with the help
of Cairo.

___

Gracie Square Hospital.
12:30 pm.

" Mr. Carter, you have company. Would you like to meet with them or converse later?"

" Let them in." Lance says, sitting up in his hospital bed. Miss Juanita, who was Ivory's mother, walked into the room. Following behind her was Trina. She came in and was shocked, seeing how beat up Lance was.

" Oh my goodness...they really beat you down son! Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

" I'm doing better Miss Juanita. I ain't feeling as bad as I'm looking." Lance responded with a slight grin on his face.

" I mean...just wow. You weren't doing anything to get this beat up, now were you?"

" No ma'am. I was simply just handling business, having a good time at club and I went outside, and boom. I'm in this hospital room."

" Poor baby...you don't deserve this, nobody does. I wish Ivory was here, being by your side and supporting you, like wife would do."

" I wish she was here too...but you know her, she's hard headed as hell." Lance says, Miss Juanita agreeing. Trina rolled her eyes, not buying into anything the man was saying.

" Do you know where she's at? I've been trying to call and message her, but she hasn't even been picking up her phone in the last 3 days!"