Chapter 6.

Newark, New Jersey.
following day , 11:25 a.m.
Omniscient

Waking up, Ivory went to the guest bathroom of her sister's apartment. She spent some time in there, getting herself together as she thought about and reminisced about the night before. Although it was still bothering her heavy, she managed to keep telling herself that it was the past, and to keep moving. That was the best thing for her to do as of now, if she wanted to get on with life. She didn't want it to drag her down, cause she remembered what that felt like, and it wasn't good at all.

" Ivy!!! I know you're up girl! I brought us some donuts and coffee!"

Ivy rolled her eyes and grinned, hearing her older sister's loud voice. She came out of the bathroom, going into the kitchen where her sister was at. She grinned, watching as Ivy walked over.

" Wasn't expecting you to be up so early...especially since you was out making money last night."

" I got to make do during the day and at night. Don't get it twisted." Ivy's sister, Trina says.

Trina was Ivory's half sister, and was two years older than Ivory. She was always in and out of the house Ivory grew up in, as she stayed with her mother sometimes and then back with them. It wasn't until she Trina was thirteen when she permanently moved into the house with her father.

Trina was quite the wild child, always going out to party and what not. She went to college, but dropped out halfway through her freshman year. She made her money through hustling, have two jobs. One of them through the day and the other at night. She held herself together pretty strongly, keeping her bills paid and all. Ivory was the only one who knew what she did to hustle and make her money, as Trina had the rest of the family completely fooled.

And despite them not getting along at first, Ivory and Trina had grown to become closer than ever. Ivory felt closer to her than to the siblings.....that she grew up with from the jump. They didn't even like to call Trina their blood, but Ivory was never like that with her.

" you know I like to watch the Player's Club....I got to make that money, and don't let it make me!"

" Mhm... you took it to heart too." Ivory says, biting into her donut.

" So, what time you plan on going back to your place?"

" Why? You don't want me here?"

" Quite frankly, I don't..." Trina says in a jokingly manner.

" Look Trina, I don't think I'm gonna go back there for a couple of days. I can't take it right now."

" What about your business girl?"

" I can check in with them virtually. Tell them I'm sick. Anything....I just can't be in New York at the moment."

" You can't keep doing this Ivory...you can't letting this man abuse you. Verbally and emotionally......and physically."

" He doesn't hi-"

" Don't lie to me. I seen the bruise on your face last Thanksgiving...and on New Years, that wasn't a damn hickey on your neck..." Trina says, taking a sip of her
coffee.

" ...stop letting him have so much power of you. Take it back."

" T, I love him. And I don't know why, but I just do. It's like I'm stuck. And I don't wanna leave him, because I have hope that he'll changed..."

" I know it's hard Ivy...I don't expect it to be easy. But I'm not gonna sit around and keep quiet about this shit much longer for you...other people are gonna start seeing it too. Trust." Trina says.