Chapter 21.

Cairo's Penthouse, New York City.
October 7th, 2016.
Omniscient

" It's your turn Cairo!"

" Aye, I know that...you gotta give a brotha some time to figure out what he's gonna do next..." Cairo says, looking at his deck of cards.

" It's been like 5 minutes baby...his play a card. It's not like you're gonna win."

" Oh really?" Cairo says. Ivory nods, confident with her answer.

He proceeds to draw a card from the stack, watching as she put down another card, leaving her with one. The card he drew was a plus 4, but he saved that for last. He placed his two reverse cards down, and put down his basic cards, then finally played his plus 4 card, which gave him the win.

" So who ain't gon' win again Ivy?" Cairo says. She had nothing to say, as she was still in disbelief that she lost to him. He bragged about his win, laughing and goofing around.

" I told you I'm the UNO king baby...there ain't no stopping me." Cairo says, sitting back down on the couch next to Ivy.

" Oh please. That was your first win out of the 5 games we've played." she responded, rolling her eyes.

" Aye, I was going easy on you. And don't hate on me, sore loser." Cairo says, sticking his tongue out.

" That win was for my babygirl in there..." he says, reaching down and kissing her stomach. Ivory grinned, hearing him say that. She found it unique that Cairo was in hopes for the baby to be girl, as most guys would wishing for a boy.

They both settled down, Cairo resting his between Ivory's thighs. After scrolling  through the TV, they ended up watching Coming to America, which happened to be one of Cairo's favorite movies.

"....how's everything with you and homeboy? You broke the news to him yet?"

" What news?"

" Ivy...why you playing with me? You know what the hell I'm talking about."

" Cairo...are we still on this? I told that I just needed to think more into it, and I-"

" What is there to think about Ivory? Here you are, being laid up with me....you enjoy being here me obviously, since you're here all the damn time. Then you got homeboy, who abuses you and treats like dog shit. What is there to think about? It should be really easy honestly."

" Cairo, I—Its just not easy okay. You don't know what it feels like to be in an abusive relationship like I have."

" Have you ever tried to leave him Ivy?"

" Yeah, but not with like officially telling him...I tried cutting him off and things, but it never worked."

" So what makes you so sure that he'll do what you think he's gonna do to you if you never tried officially leaving
him? Hm?"

" I....I...."

" Ivory, you can make simpler choice and just let him go. I can be there right with you. Or you can do it your way...but whatever you do, you're not gonna be with him. You are my woman now. My girl. My lady. You're mine." Cairo says to her.

" I want to be yours Cairo. And I am. You know, thinking about it now, I'm just as tired of trying to hide what we
have in the dark. I just want to live."

" So do it Ivory. Will you do it for me?"

" Yes....I'm gonna do it baby. For you. For us."

___

Plaza Square, Albany, New York
that following Friday, 11 am.
Omniscient