Chapter 5.

New York City, New York
Thursday, May 30th
Omniscient

Cairo held his phone, making a Snapchat video with some of his boys that came through at the studio, as they listened to a snippet of his music from off the album

Cairo held his phone, making a Snapchat video with some of his boys that came through at the studio, as they listened to a snippet of his music from off the album. He posted it on Snapchat, and did the same thing for Instagram.

Seeing that Cairo was tipsy as could be, his longtime friend Jalen decided that it was time for him to leave. He knew that Cairo had some important business to take care of for tommorow, so he wanted to alert him about that.

Lance, who was enjoying the vibes and all noticed that Jalen was tryna get Cairo to leave, and he wasn't feeling him with doing all that. He got up from his spot, excusing the ladies that were all over him and placed his cigar in his mouth.

" Yo, whatchu tryna do man? We still in studio session."

" Don't seem like no studio sessions to me anymore. Damn near everybody is drunk or high in this piece."

" It's all apart of the game baby."

" Look, Cairo got things to do outside of this. I'm just tryna look out for him, being a good friend."

" Being a good friend huh? Why don't we ask the nigga himself. I mean he ain't no child. And you ain't his daddy."

" and neither are you." Jalen says. Lance scoffs, moving over to where Cairo was at. He was tying his shoes, still vibing out to the music that played.

" Breezy! Big man! What's happening with you?"

" I'm living it up man...you good?"

" Oh yeah! You already looking like you finna head out!!!You sure you don't wanna stay longer and kick it us man? You look like you're having a good time."

" As much I appreciate the offer, I-I can't...I got stuff I gotta do..." Cairo says, slurring his words.

" Man, you sur—"

" you heard him man. we out." Jalen says, walking past Lance. Lance turns around, laughing as he lit up another blunt. Shrugging his shoulders, he walked back over to where he sat, bobbing his head to the music that played. He observed the place as well, looking around as he thought.

" Shit, that's more bitches and drinks for me then."

____

11:24 p.m.
Cairo

" Damn...." I groaned, falling straight into my bed. I felt relieved as I did, especially with the nice cool shower I just took.

I rolled over, checking my phone for the last time. There were so many messages, most of them being irrelevant. I was hoping to get one from Ivy, since we've been speaking mainly about her clothing line and all, but there wasn't one on my phone.