Chapter 3.

New York City, New York.
Monday, April 27th.
Ivory

"So how many sells have we made in the past three days?"

" In total, 950 of our products have been throughout the last two days....mostly our women's gear." I nod my head, being a bit satisfied with the news. I was expecting a lot more, but hey. I'm grateful for the sales we earned.

" Tyler, thanks again for checking into the office, doing all this for me. I've been really busy, but I'm glad to know that I really have a team behind me."

" Anything for the best boss in the world." Tyler says as he grins. I give him big hug, rocking to side to side.

" I hope all this work reflects on my check though..."

"And you know this! Double work always means double pay around here." I say.

" You know something Ms. Carter...I know you want your sales to go higher. But I think our promoting strategies can be a lot better."

" Oh really? What's on your mind then?"

" Well, it's real simple. You're married to the Lance Carter. Right? He's around huge stars all the time. I mean, he just did a big song with Drake, collaborated with Rihanna a few months back, not to mention him working with the Nicki Minaj!!!"

" where are you getting at?"

" All I'm saying is to use him for leverage...get in contact with these big time celebrities and have them promote your brand! You got all the tools to do so, you just gotta make it happen boss! I'm telling you, it'll be a bigger step for us than just having these Instagram models with 60k followers promoting this brand!"

" Hm, you're onto something there Ty..."

" I know I am! Imagine a big figure like that making your clothing brand known...if they make it cool, then more will buy!"

" You know, I should've hired you as the marketing strategist for this business...cause this a really good idea. I don't know why I've haven't thought this far."

" it's never too late to up my position here..." Tyler says, looking to the side. " Not that I'm rushing you or anything."
he says, making her laugh.

" Look...I'm going down to the studio today with Lance. I'll try out what you're saying on the people down there today. See if they're interested."

" Good. It'll be a mega push for the brand....trust me." Tyler says.

" Oh, I do...now, let's get out of here. You wanna tag along  with me and get something from Starbucks?"

" Don't mind if I do." Tyler says, and we both gather our things, making our way out of the office and into my car to head to Starbucks.

___

Carter X Studios, New York.
April 29th, 2014.
Omniscient.

It was regular day at Carter X, the place being busy like usual. It was beginning to become late in the afternoon, as the clock hit 4:45. Cairo had been in the studio for at least 3 hours already, working diligently through his songs. He was currently working on the 3rd song, which was actually and technically the first true song on his album, as the other two tracks were interludes. He had been writing the lyrics for the 2nd verse of the song.