Birthday

Robert Pattinson x reader

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: Some profanity and angst

Summary: Your best friend tricks you into celebrating your birthday and gives you a reason to smile at the same time. 

🎂🎂🎂

Written in first person POV

I hate my birthday. No really, I hate my birthday. It's not getting older either, it's just it's always been a let down going back to my eighth birthday when I had the chicken pox. UGH!

I thought everything was fine and then I get a text from my best friend...

Maybe I should clue you in on how I met Rob. I was living in Seattle where I co-hosted a morning show for a local radio station and he made an appearance on the show. A few days later, we met up at Pike Place Market, had lunch, and the rest is history. He's practically my best friend these days and even became close with my family. 

I have since moved out of Seattle to come back to Philadelphia where I'm a DJ for a popular Adult Hits radio station in the area. Rob is still my best friend and we text each other constantly when we're not able to hang around each other. What I didn't know is that he was in town and it's my birthday so you know he's going to want to celebrate it. God, I hate my birthday.

I get to work and I have people putting messages on my desk and in my email which is annoying. I go to do my show when my co-host Paxton says, "Hey, [y/n], we got a friend of yours on the line." 

"This should be fun," I say sarcastically.

"And without further adieu, let's get my co-host's friend on the line. Ladies and germs, it's the one and only Robert Pattinson." Paxton then pushes the button to open up the phone line. 

Our producer Jason plays the applause sound effect. 

"Hey, Paxton," I hear Rob say to my co-host. "Great to be here."

"Quick question," Paxton asks. "How many people still recognize you from Twilight.

"Hey, he's trying to shed that image," I say to Paxton.

"You know I can't, [y/n]. Of course I probably get more people asking if I really hate Twilight." 

The interview goes on for a few minutes longer when finally the subject of my friendship with him comes up. "So, I hear you and [y/n] are close friends," Jason says.

"Pretty much."

Paxton then has to ask it. "Okay, is it true that you and [y/n] once pranked her sister?"

"Well, we did send a box full of glitter," he tells Paxton. I then hear Rob say the one thing I cringe anyone saying on the air. "Hey, today's [y/n]'s birthday. Don't tell anyone."