Christmas Time Is Here

Robert Pattinson x reader

Rating: PG

Warnings: Angst, loss, holiday depression but also a few sweet moments with a friend

There is also a ton of refrence to A Charlie Brown Christmas. 

Summary: The reader went through a tragic loss and she's enduring her first Christmas without someone close to her but thanks to her best friend, she learns that celebrating Christmas doesn't have to stop. (written in first person POV).

🎄 🎄🎄

Christmas time is here
Happiness and cheer
Fun for all that children call
Their favorite time of year

Christmas...I used to love it but this year it lost so much meaning. Two weeks before the now dreaded holiday, I was making my way to a hospital emergency room after hearing my mom passed out in the living room.

She died that day after her heart gave out. My brother was the one who broke the news to me and I haven't been the same since. I told everyone I didn't want to celebrate Christmas but here I was being forced into it but instead of going into my brother's house for dinner, I sat on a bench at this park not too far away.

I didn't answer any of my brother's texts. How could I? I didn't answer anyone's phone calls. How could I? I sat there watching the kids with their parents and thinking how I lost one and my life was broken. My phone kept ringing and I looked down to see it was a friend of mine but I kept declining it.

That was until I saw the texts.

I sit there reading my texts with tears in my eyes when I hear a familiar voice

"I knew you would be here."

His accent was so distinct that I knew it had to be one person, my best friend Rob. I look over and sure enough there he was. I force a smile a little as he takes a seat next to me on the bench.

"I tried texting but I didn't get an answer," he tells me.

"How can I tell you that I'm hurting? You wouldn't understand."

"We all know what hurt feels like. Sure your pain is something that I may not know but I understand heartbreak enough to know you're hurting."

He notices the tear in my eye and quickly brushes it away. The feel of the glove on his hand on this December night gave me a little comfort but the pain was still there.

"Your brother told me you're not taking this well. Please let me in on what's going on."

"It's just..." I'm about ready to cry when he takes my hand. "I feel like there's nothing worth celebrating. I feel like Christmas is insane. You always hear those stories about people who experience heartbreak to the point where they avoid holidays? Well, I'm one of them."