Guilt

Robert Pattinson x reader

Rating: PG

Warnings: Some profanity, lots of angst, talk about death and loss. 

Summary: A confession to your best friend makes you rethink a situation (written in first person POV)

I have been used to people blaming me for everything. I am also used to people telling me that God allowed something to happen because He was "teaching me a lesson." Today was a day when it all haunted me.

I was sitting in a hosptial waiting room about to get a MRI of my brain. I was dealing with some bad headaches and severe vertigo and my doctor fought to get the insurance to approve the test because he was afraid I had something wrong. "I don't think it's a tumor but let's play it safe," he told me.

It's also been a couple of weeks since my mom died of a heart attack. My aunt had me convinced that God was teaching me a lesson and I pretty much killed her because I wasn't the perfect kid who stayed quiet and did what they were told. I was told that God would bring this on and that the issues I'm having are a demon related thing because only "people who don't have a good walk with God get these things" according to a jackass elder from my old church. 

I'm now fearing the worse because of this. I sat in the waiting room and I got nervous as hell when the tech called me back for the test. "I think I know what will help," she says to me turning on some music. She also decided to give me an eye mask just to block everything around me. "It helps some people," she told me.

I survived the test and I asked her about the music. "I like the bluesy stuff," she would say. It made me smile because it just reminds me so much of my best friend and the music he would always play around me. 

I get the results and it's okay but the guilt is killing me to where I start to crack. One day I ignored the phone for a while and then the texts happen. I knew it was my best friend but I couldn't tell him flat out how I felt verbally.

It was okay though since Rob knows that there are some things I can't say by talking but I will always open up via text message. I start getting the texts that would help him realize what's really hurting me.

 I start getting the texts that would help him realize what's really hurting me