The Aftermath

~A couple of days later~
Kai's POV
I was making some soup for Hoseok. After what happened, he stayed in his room all day, Millie and Jiho came to the hospital to comfort him more after we found out. I make sure he's eating by staying right next to him and always comforting him whenever he starts crying. I poured soup into a bowl and went to Hoseok who was laying down in bed. "Hoseok, sit up so you can eat." I placed the soup on the bed tray and sat next to Hoseok as he sat up. He started eating a bit and sighed. I looked at him and saw him fidget with the spoon and he stopped eating. I held his hand and kissed his forehead.

"Why did this have to happen?" I looked at him. "I don't know Hoseok.." He got up and stared at the wall. "I thought they could save her...I was excited to be able to have her in a couple of months but this happened!!" He threw the bowl at the wall causing it to break. I quickly got up and tried hugging him but he got away and was crying and yelling at the same time. "Hoseok come on calm down okay? You know you can talk to me about this.." "It's not fair!!" He kept on throwing some glass objects around the room and I had to dodge some of the items he threw, he was about to throw one more but I grabbed it and put it down and hugged him tightly, I sat with him on the floor as he continued crying into my shoulder. "I-I just want my baby back...." He kept crying as I held him close. "I know Hoseok...I know..."

After about 45 minutes, his crying stopped and he had fallen asleep so I picked him up and placed him down in bed. I started to clean the soup from the wall and picked up all the broken glass and threw it away. "Lisa I'll be back in a bit, I need you to check on Hoseok in about an hour or two okay? If he wakes up call me." She nodded as I left to go talk to Millie and Jiho. I arrived at Jiho's house and sat down with them in the kitchen. "How is Hoseok holding up?" Millie looked at me. "Not so well right now...he's been staying in his room, I still make sure he eats of course but...he keeps looking at his stomach, he wishes it was a dream and that he still had her.." I sighed. "Having a miscarriage is hard, I know because I was supposed to have a little sister, but my mom wasn't so great with her health and had a miscarriage." Jiho sighed.

We heard footsteps coming down and I didn't bother looking until I heard the door close since it was obviously Namjoon. "So what has the hospital said?" "They gave us a clay thing with Lia's footprints, the hospital planned a little burying for Lia so that Hoseok and I didn't have to worry about it so much." Jiho placed a hand on my shoulder. "Maybe later on, when Hoseok is better, you and Hoseok could start a family." "Yeah you're right, right now I just wanna make sure Hoseok feels better..." They both nodded and after talking more I got a call from Lisa so I answered. "Yes Lisa?" "Hoseok woke up, I think he's having a panic attack..." I got up quickly. "Okay I'll be right there!" "What's wrong?" "Lisa called and said Hoseok might be having a panic attack." I quickly left and went straight to Hoseok. "Hey it's okay?" Hoseok was crying and was hyperventilating so I sat next to him and held his hand. "It's okay just try taking deep breathes with me." I started to take some deep breathes and he followed after 10 minutes and he calmed down.

I held him close as he rested his head on my chest. After awhile he fell asleep again and I kissed his forehead and fell asleep as well.

~The Next Day~
Millie, Jiho, Lisa, Hoseok and I were standing in front of a a stand that had Lia's name on it. There was flowers all around and showed the date she passed away on. Hoseok was crying as I held him close as I comforted him, I started to tear up as well with the others. It's hard to know that a baby you nourish for months doesn't make it in the end. We all stayed there for an hour and left back to the house, we were all sitting in the living room and talking and drinking some water. I was hugging Hoseok while he laid his head on my shoulder. After awhile, both Millie and Jiho had to go so I took a quick shower and laid down in bed with Hoseok. "I still really miss her..." I kissed his cheek and held him close. "I know, it's be really hard..." I cuddled him and he fell asleep, so I fell asleep right after.