12

i kept my head down, my fingers fidgeting in embarrassment. i took a big gulp before heading outside the room. i mentally scolded myself upon remembering what happened last night. i shouldn't have drank that much.

"oh, you're awake?" i was startled when i heard his voice. i turned around and saw him sitting by the table, while sipping through his mug.

i nodded in response, and walked towards him. i looked him in the eyes and saw how tired he was. i gently poked his side and pouted.

"i'm sorry i puked on you.. twice."

"hm." he replied.

"i'm sorry you had to take me into your apartment only for me to lock you out." i continued.

"mhm."

"i'm sorry i fell asleep and forgot to let you back in."

"one more apology i hear from your mouth and i'm going to kick you out." he monotonous said.

i sat in silence, not uttering any single word. he then placed a plate in front of me and served me food. "you need to eat something, you're basically on an empty stomach now." he said.

he filled my bowl with soup and watched me as i eat. his phone rang, to which he answered immediately.

"hm, she's here eating. arasso." he replied as he gives me his phone. "brat, chaeng wants to speak with you."

i hurriedly grabbed the mobile from him and put it on my ear. "ne, chaeyoungah."

"gwaenchana? i heard you got really drunk last night. what's wrong?" she started off.

"no, everything's fine. eodiya?" i asked as i munched onto my food.

"oh, i'm wi—"

"lisa annyeong!" a voice cut off. oh, she's with jimin oppa?

"oh, annyeong. are you two dating huh?" i teased. chaeng immediately denied it, while jimin was laughing in the background. aigoo these two, i knew they would instantly click the moment they interact.

"so i'll let you now eat in peace. bye lili!" she said and hung up. i gave the phone back to kook and continued eating. i let out a burp upon finishing the meal, to which he flashed a smile. so he's a great cook too huh?

i went to the living room and turned on the television. as i was watching, he threw a shirt at me and sat beside. "change your clothes brat, you smell bad."

i darted annoyed looks at him and jokingly slapped his bicep. "sekki." i whispered.

"you feeling better now?" he suddenly asked, causing me to choke on my words. "why?"

he leaned his head on the backseat as he looked upward. "you seemed really sad last night."

"is that so?" i replied. silence filled the room for a moment, the television being the only source of noise. he then heaved a sigh and started to speak again.

"why do you like him?" he asked. i furrowed my eyebrows and glanced at him. "huh?"

"why do you like bambam?" i gulped at his sudden interrogation, yet thought hard of the many reasons as to why i like him and told him. why are we even having this conversation at this hour?

"they say that when you know why you like someone it's crush." he paused for a brief moment and fixated his eyes on me as he continues. "if you have no explanations, it's love."

my lips started to curve upwards upon realizing how serious jungkook is right now — and it is ridiculously, cringing moment.

i exhaled as i say, "you're in love aren't you?" i teased. i poked his sides as i continue to make fun of him. he sighed before looking at me in the eyes. i felt my body tense at his gaze, my heart pounding faster as he continues to stare.

he then looked away and rested his elbows on his legs. "maybe, i don't know." he mumbles. i laughed at his response and smacked his arm.

"why are you not sure? are you an idiot?" i asked as my laughter continues. he glared at me and rolled his eyes, before standing up.

"ya! who's the girl?" i said as i rose. he just ignored my question and walked past me. "i pity her then!" i said. i wonder who's the unlucky girl.

"yeah, i pity you too." he replied

huh?

confused expression flashed on my face. what was that supposed to mean? does he pity me because of my situation? one-sided love?

the nerve of that guy, huh! i massaged the bridge of my nose due to the irritation i was feeling. a blow escaped on my lips and i started to run towards him, jumping onto his back and smacking his head.

he was startled at what i've done. he grabbed my hands and was trying to get me off of him but i held onto him tightly.

"aish, brat! michyeosseo?!" he screamed, yet i decided to give him a teaching some more. yeah, you deserve this after all you jerk!