SPECIAL CHAPTER

•        j e o n   j u n g k o o k     •

"did she like the portrait i drew?" hyung asked.

"she loved it, hyung," i replied and helped eomma cook in the kitchen. since we really have no schedules in the coming weeks, i've decided to spend my free time in my hometown.

"is she coming over for dinner?" my mother asked.

"she said she would," i replied. lisa promised to drop by at our house after their rehearsals since eomma and appa were dying to meet her already. she already went here once, meeting my older brother. but unfortunately, my parents were out of the town by that time.

and besides, i already met with her parents. i remembered how nervous i was when we arrived at their doorstep. her mom was bright and cheerful like her — it's probably where lisa got those traits from. her step-dad was very welcoming. he even cooked me thai specialties that night and joked about getting married with her daughter.

if only he knew how badly i wanted to proposed to lisa. but of course, we still have several goals to achieve.

the funniest thing about my trip to thailand was meeting her aunt, who's probably one of the most avid fans of us. she confessed how she has a secret instagram account and followed numerous liskook accounts. she originally dropped hints regarding us on her main profile, but the shippers were like detectives. they easily figured out the hidden meaning in her captions. so she decided to stay lowkey about it so as not to attract much hate to her niece.

in return, i just offered her a complimentary ticket for our upcoming concert in thailand. she declined at first, but i insisted because it's the least thing i could do. luckily she accepted it in the end.

"so what's going on?" hyung suddenly asked, causing me to drift away from my thoughts.

"nothing much."

"i mean with lisa. you guys look like married couples. especially that picture of you two holding a baby."

"yeah, with jisoo noona's niece."

"oh, jisoo . . ." he paused briefly, "her older sister looks like a girl version of you."

he laughed. eomma laughed. even appa grinned as he walked walked around burping seo joon — my nephew from my cousin. surprisingly, a lot of people were actually claiming that we do look a like.

"tell us, kookie, do you think i can rest now?" eomma asked. "not having to look for a busan girl to marry you. i'm getting tired of fighting off all these women asking about you for their daughters."

"i'm sure with her. maybe not engagement anytime soon, but—"

"that's enough for me." she touched my arm. "do you understand what a headache it is to find the right girl for you? too short, too quiet, too far, too traditional, too much trouble . . ." she sighed. "i hope this works out and that you keep her happy."

"you like her?"

"of course i like her! do you think i would've kept my mouth close if i didn't? or that i would prepare her meals and deliver it to her?"