16

jungkook wasn't lying. we'd been driving for about a bloody year and i couldn't figure out where he was taking me. when we turned off at a roundabout, with the sign stating the beach was five miles away, i grinned. jungkook chuckled at my expression.

"yeah, we're going to the beach. i've got a picnic dinner in the boot." he smiled sheep and bit his lip, like he was embarrassed to admit he'd done something so romantic.

my insides were all squishy. he was so sweet.

"i asked my hyungs to cook some for us since you might be hungry," he admitted. oooh, good. i finally will taste of jin and yoongi oppas' dishes! i heard they are great cooks.

the driver parked in the car opposite the pier, and i turned and looked at him. he was his usual casual self, but he looked a little different too.

we got out of the car and walked along the shore. both of us were wrapped up in warm jackets and jungkook's hand firmly held mine when i said my hands were shivering. it was december, so it was really cold right by the sea.

the sky was clear of clouds, so the moon shone down brightly on the ocean, creating a glistening effect on the surface of the water. it looked beautiful.

as we approached a set of stone stairs, i stopped. i was happy to keep walking if he wanted to, but i had a sudden urge to hit the arcades. jungkook turned to me and frowned, wondering why i'd come to such an abrupt stop.

he rolled his eyes. "arcades?"

i nodded, and he laughed. "come on then. let's go spend 11,000 won trying to get a claw to grab a shitty stuffed toy."

that's the spirit...

he leaned closer and messed my hair. "i'll kick your arse at air hockey!"

bumping my shoulder against his, i narrowed my eyes, challenging him.

we spent a couple of hours in the arcades, wasting money on slot machines and riding the mechanical motorbikes. kook won me a fluffy grey teddy bear, and it took him only five tries. he won air hockey because i was too busy concentrating on the muscles in his forearms.

"you getting hungry?" he wrapped his arms around me, taking me by surprise. i was quickly growing to love his surprises.

despite having a dinner date earlier, i still felt my stomach grumble.

i looked at him and nodded. "okay, let's go back now and get the food. then we can eat on the beach?"

nodding eagerly, i pulled out his arms and dragged him towards the door by his hand. on the beach, i sat down beside him and opened the basket. we sat under the pier on a blanket and ate jin oppa's bibimbap.

i looked out at the sea and smiled as the water gently lapped at the shore. the wind had died down, so it was calmer out, much more peaceful.

after eating, i snuggled closer to his side and laid my head on his shoulder. i think i even felt his body stiffen. how i wish we could stay here forever. if we were not idols, maybe everything would be better. we wouldn't have to go sneaking in disguises. this is how things could be all the time.

"you having a good time?" he questioned. i nodded against his shoulder.

i'm having the best time.

"good, me too. i don't want to leave." he sighed.

i shut my mouth in silence. however, the beating of my heart loudened. what is this feeling?

"come on, we need to get back or your unnies will have my balls." i tilted my head and admired his jaw.

he took a sharp breath and his arm tightened around me. for some reason, i like the touch of his palm on my skin.

"we'll come back soon. i kinda need this again," he admitted.

he had no idea how much i needed it too.

the drive was sombre. neither of us wanted the night to end. as we pulled up outside the building, ice settled in my stomach. my unnies are probably waiting up.

"glad you had a good night."

that was the understatement of the century, jungkook.

"what sort of divine delicacies can i look forward to next time?" i teased.

"was thinking of bringing you into the club."

"yay! that sounds perfect!"

he smiled. "you're awfully easy to please."

impulsively, i found myself going up to him and and giving him a big hug and a light kiss on the cheek. he glanced over in surprise when i pulled away, but something glowed in his eyes.

"what was that for, brat?" he gulped.

"just seemed like the thing to do," i said. "wait are you blushing?"

he instantly looked away and touched the side of his face. i laughed at his sudden reaction and went towards him.

"oh, did i just make jeon jungkook's heart flutter?"

i tiptoed and tried to level his face, while he struggles to cover his. however, as i try to remove his hands that were blocking his face, i accidentally lose balance.

immediately, i was in his arms. he was staring at me with those deep brown eyes of his. my heart started to beat abnormally again.

"well feel free to do it more often," he encouraged, still not letting go. "i assure you i won't mind."