27

he's ruffled and sweaty, weighed down by gym gear. his brow creases when he spots me, his eyes unsure. he puts a hand out to hold the elevator door.

i can feel my heart bursting.

"kook!" i scream as i run at him. he has enough time to put his arms as i jump. he hits the back wall with a grunt as i manage to get my arms and legs around him.

"woah, slow down babe," he chuckled.

his sweat smells like rainwater and cedar, leaving a faint rosemary-pine tingle in my nostrils. i press my face against his neck and breathed in.

i try to muster up the strength to let him go, but the addictive press of our bodies together is stronger than my willpower.

"okay then." he begins to walk down the hallway. i'm clinging like a koala to his front, coat flapping, my bag bumping against his gym bag.

i lean back enough to see his face, seeing amusement shining in his eyes as he puts down his bag beside his door and begins sorting his keys.

wait, we had a deal earlier.

before he could put the key into the door knob, i instantly grabbed the handle.

"i won!" i squealed.

he looked at me with a confused expression, "what?"

"our deal, remember? racing to your unit?"

his tongue poked the side of his cheek. "i think i technically won. i was in the building first."

"no. it should be the one who gets in the dorm first." i argued.

"but we aren't inside yet."

"but i held the knob first, so . . . i won, i won!" i repeated until he laughs and concedes.

"okay, fine. you won."

i hugged him harder as we enter his unit. his collarbone fits nicely under my cheekbone. he's wearing a hoodie and his body feels humid and damp.

i hear him drop his gym gear into the basket. he toes off his sneakers, which seems a little bit more difficult, and he takes my bag. he then presses a button on the heating control.

"you're still not putting me down?" i asked.

"no. i like having you in my arms," he calmly replied.

he walks us into the kitchen and bends to look in the refrigerator, making me grip tighter. he fills a glass and i press my ear to his neck to listen to him swallow.

honestly, him carrying me around with those veiny arms of him turns the hell out of me.

i tighten my legs around him, and he slides a hand to my butt, squeezing it once in a friendly way. then, he gives it a slap.

"ow! kookie!" i yelped, releasing the grip of my legs onto his waist.

"sorry, there was a . . . fly." he pouted, yet i know that he's lying.

i arched an eyebrow at him and rolled my eyes. "where are your hyungs?" i asked.

"families. in their own apartments. fishing."

"fishing, huh? i guess that's jin oppa."

"and yoongi hyung. jin hyung always asks him to go with him, so he does. even if he doesn't catch any, he just goes because jin hyung loves fishing," he stated.