26

i sit down and my knee is bouncing. my insides are crawling. i feel like a magnet, shaking with the need to move.

i was extremely bored. sajangnim decided to give us the entire week to rest after all those award shows we've recently attended. i was left all alone in the dorm as my members paid visits to their families.

jisoo unnie insisted that i come with her, yet i politely declined. she sees me 24/7, it's time that she spends full of her time with her relatives — especially her niece, without others' interference.

sucks to be an idol far from your family.

unconsciously, i reached out for my phone, looking at a contact name. from there, i hit the call button.

i immediately hang up, however, and threw my phone onto the bed like a grenade. i wipe my damp palms on my thighs and let out a wheezing breath.

damn, why am i so nervous to call him?

few seconds later, my phone begins to ring.

incoming: jeon jungkook

"yeoboseyo," i managed to say lightly when i answered. i grind the heel of my hand into my temple. why am i feeling embarrassed?

"hey, the phone rang once," he replied, "why did my baby call?"

it wasn't the first time he called me baby. in fact, he has numerous endearments, which he use on me. and the funny thing? all of those make my heart flip.

"eodiya?" i asked. there's loud pulsing music in the background, making me curious about his whereabouts. is he at a bar?

oh right, it's friday today. he's probably hanging out with the '97 liners, surrounded by tall models with their legs exposed. i mean, he did told me one time that he'll be spending the night with his friends.

i suddenly felt my blood rushing to my head at the thought of him enjoying other girls' company.

"nevermind," i replied, trying my best to not sound salty. "you're busy, i think. let's just talk tomorrow."

"babe, i'm at the gym. although not in our building since it's under renovation. anyway, was that annoyance i sensed in your voice?" he teasingly asked.

"what? why would i be?" i innocently asked, thinking of the next words to say in order to drift the topic away. "what you doing there by the way? cardio?"

"weights. i do weights at night."

ever since the new year kicked in, kook has been working out non-stop, saying that he needs to look good enough for me.

he's such an idiot for thinking that way. clearly, he's already out of my league despite not building muscles in his body. i must've done an absolute good thing in my past life to have jeon jungkook like me. i mean, him liking lisa manoban? he can do way better than that!

he then made a faint grunt, pulling me back from my thoughts. then i head a heavy metal clang.

"so what's up? don't tell me you pocket-dialed me."

"no," i replied. there's no point in pretending.

"interesting." there's a muffled clothing sound, maybe a towel, and then a door closes. the obnoxious pulsing music gets quieter.

"i'm outside now. i don't know if i've ever seen your name on my caller ID. something happened, baby?"

"i know. i was thinking that too." there was a loaded pause. "no, nothing happened."