28

when kook somehow convinced me to go out with him after a tiresome day of dancing nonstop, i anticipated some fancy restaurant where he'd ask me to wear those shoes he bought for me. except those footwear were at his apartment. then he advised me to wear sneakers instead.

he took me out on a date, not to a romantic location, but to . . . laser tag. glow-in-the-dark laser tag.

i made a face as he fastened the heavy pink-and-white vest around me, playfully jerking me toward him with each snap. then he laughed as he helped with my helmet, which was too big for me. it kept drooping over my eyes, he kept readjusting and chuckling, and i laughed with him at this entire situation. we looked like middle school crushes because of how we were acting right now.

for the first time in a very long time, i felt like a kid. no responsibilities or public image to worry. i was carefree.

a man, probably an employee, walked towards us. "annyeonghaseyo," he greeted.

kook and i bowed in unison. he then smiled at me and widened his eyes afterwards. "omo, lisa from blackpink? i'm a huge fan!"

i glanced at kook, looking worried. however, he leaned towards my ear and whispered, "geokjongma, managernim arranged an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) among them."

i sighed in relief, before lifting my helmet for a bit to beam at him. "gomapseumnida," i said.

his eyes twinkled as he stared at me, making me feel a bit awkward. i don't do well with starings. "you're cute," he shyly said scratching the back of his neck. i chuckled at his reaction. kook suddenly cleared his throat, reminding me of his presence.

"oh that reminds me, do you need help with those gears?" he politely asked.

i was about to say yes at him, seeing as to how kook struggled with it. however, he immediately stepped forward between the staff and i.

"no, we can manage," he cooly said. i tugged onto his sleeve, but he just ignored it.

"uh . . . are you sure sir? i wouldn't mind assisting her —"

"no, really. no help is needed. but thank you," he told him and faced me.

i watched kook as he fixed my gear one last time. in this moment, there was absolutely no stress this time, leaving me to wonder what he was really after earlier.

"see?" he proudly stated facing the staff. i simply gave an apologetic look at him, but kook saw it, leading him to squint his eyes at me in confusion.

the employee simply walked away from us. "ya, what was that all about?" i irritatingly asked.

"what?"

"you were rude to him, he was just being nice" i told off.

"no i wasn't rude and no he wasn't just being nice. he was flirting."

i rolled my eyes, he's being unbelievable. "i don't like it when others have your attention," he confessed, almost inaudible.

"don't tell me you're jealous . . ."

"alright, i won't"

"are you seriously?"

"i am, lisa."

i playfully smacked him on the arm. "ya, drop that childish act. he's just a fan. i hate it when people gets jealous over shallow things."