5

the last day in having to be jungkook's caretaker has finally come, and i couldn't be any happier than this. to say that i have endured 13 days with him, excluding this one, is something i should be proud of.

i couldn't even believe i'd managed to stop myself from killing him. always trying to keep calm from those constant bickering and pestering he's been doing to me.

"can't you atleast hide your joy, brat." he stiffly said as he swiftly glanced at me.

i shook my head and smiled at him wide, "can't help it." i replied. he sighed before walking towards the refrigerator. his injury seemed to be getting well as days passed. he can even walk on his own now with only little of my assistance. yet out of respect, i kept true to my words. despite our agreement saying that i only need to be his caretaker for 1 week, i offered to extend it to 7 more days as his injury worsened when he saved me when i collapsed.

he was a jerk alright, but i know how to repay kindness with kindness.

"what do you want to eat?" he asked. i raised an eyebrow at him and scanned his expression for a moment. huh, so he's going to cook a meal for me?

"surprise me!" i exclaimed.

i was browsing through my phone when i sensed his presence in front of me. i looked up and wondered for a moment, as he was just standing there. a smirk appeared in his lips, and i immediately regretted not beating the shit out of him.

he suddenly removed his shirt in a swift movement, causing me to look away and cover my eyes.

"you perverted bastard! what the hell are you trying to do?!" i shouted. i felt my cheeks getting hotter, so i grabbed the pillow to fully cover my face.

"you said surprise you, so here. i'm your meal manoban, eat me!" he teasingly replied.

with the pillow held up to my face, i try to grab as many objects beside me to throw at him, hoping that even one, just one, would hit his head hard.

"don't you think that's a little inappropriate for someone older than you?!" i shouted.

"months older? i don't think so." he continued laughing and i was already fuming. the ego of this bastard.

i suddenly felt a hand grab mine, leading me to drop the pillow.. i shut my eyes in an instant.

"i'm kidding! you can open your eyes now manoban, i'm all dressed up." he said as he removed the grasp from my wrist.

i took a little peak at first, to make sure he was telling the truth. i sighed in disbelief and managed to throw another pillow at him.

"your cheeks are so red, damn! i seem to have a big effect on you, huh?" he asked as he headed towards the kitchen, still laughing at my reaction.

my body tensed, and i can still feel the heat on my cheeks. damn that bastard, always doing awful things to me. he can't always have it his way.

that's when an idea came up into my mind. he then called out my name, telling me that the food is now prepared.

as i entered the dining area of his apartment, i was finalizing my act. his back was facing me, and it seemed like he was still preparing the side dish. perfect timing. now let's see who has got more of an effect, jerk.

i silently walked behind him and placed my arms around his waist. his body stiffened the moment he felt my embrace. the toes of my feet tiptoed, so that i'll be able to reach his nape.

with a seductive whisper, i said, "jungkook-ah," i made sure that my breath fanned his skin, "meokja."

he then stopped at whatever he was doing. i was mentally laughing at his state, he didn't even bother to move nor make a sound. silence filled the room, and i wondered how his face looks like now.

"face me you jerk." i spat as i chuckled.

i then backed a step and placed my hand on his shoulder, about to face him towards me. however, he managed to switch our positions in an instant. i let out a squeal as he turned our places. i was the one leaning now against the counter, and he positioned both of his arms on my sides.

his breath was ragged, and his deep-brown eyes held mine for a moment as if he was piercing through my soul. i saw his eyes burning, and yearning — for something, someone.

he leaned closer to me, as i try my best to avoid the lessening of the gap between us. his gaze dropped from my eyes, to the lower part of my face, and i saw how his adam's apple moved up and down.

tension rises as he kept his eyes on me. i could've kicked him on his area, slapped him on the face, or pinched his skin. however, i was frozen on my spot, unable to move an inch.

he continued to move closer, our face becoming nearer to one another. i could feel my knees getting weaker. with the little amount of energy in me, i've managed to whisper his name.

"jungkook." i said as the gap between us lessens.

he paused and met my eyes for seconds, before looking towards the side. a small blow escaped from his mouth. he backed away his face and my heartbeat was starting to normalize, when he suddenly went for my ear.

"you dirty little brat, don't you ever tease me like that again, not if you cant handle it. understood?" he said, as i felt his hot breath on my skin, causing the hairs on my neck to stand. i unconsciously nodded to his question, which came to me as a surprise.

he backed away, and fixed his posture. a smirk emerged from his lips as he says, "see? i really do have an effect on you. better luck next time, manoban."

i was looking at his retreating back as i still compose myself. only when he called my name again was i able to walk on my feet.

what the hell just happened?