20

"you promised it wouldn't be like The Shining."

"oh, it won't. there's no cute, creepy psychic five year old boy to save you now. our only hope is to get outside, into the fresh air." his eyes sparkling, and i can only imagine the snowball fights he must be plotting.

we were supposed to be home by now, when he decided out of blue to have one last fun. like me, he likes snow so much. i don't even know where we are right now, but he promised that i'll enjoy whatever we are going to do.

he glances out the window at the sparkling snow that clearly is going nowhere fast.

"come, i've got a surprise."

he offered his hand and led me to a garage. kook hits a button, and the door rumbles open. the sudden influx of night lamps revealed two snowmobiles parked there.

as someone who came from a tropical country, i clearly don't know anything about snowmobiles, except for the fact that they look sleek and fast.

kook goes to the red-and-black one and pats the seat.

"polaris, latest model. catch," he uttered as he tosses me the key.

no, just no. i won't drive a snowmobile solo.

"i don't think this is a good idea. the closest i've gotten to wild machinery is the golf cart at my dad's country club. and even that was a disaster."

"i'm betting you were young back then, plus, you've got me now brat," he says, walking over and zipping my North Face up to the neck.

"get on, manoban. you ride with me," he continued before winking, "or on me. you choose."

i rolled my eyes upon hearing his perverted comment. despite already knowing this side of him, i can't still help but snort at such remarks of him.

i hop on and hug jungkook tight around the waist as we burst out of the garage and down the street. my breath clouds in the air. the world around us lies blanketed under a thick layer of snow.

it's pristine and perfect, sparkling under the moon light. we make a turn, sending up a curtain of powder. good thing we're the only ones out right now.

the polaris' roaring engine started to die down. i slip-off, and i'm ankle deep in snow.

"like it?" kook asks, one foot propped on the snowmobile's seat. he's watching me, looking pleased. i'm almost dancing around. i've never seen snow like this before. it's making me giddy.

it's like really cold, marshmallow fluff. i think i'm understanding the phrase 'Winter Wonderland' for the first time in my life, and it is magnificent.

"where to next?" i ask. he nods straight ahead.

"if i'm right, there's a lake about quarter a mile away. five minute walk. should be frozen over t this time of year." he looks at me and grins. "it's a beautiful sight."

we're happy tonight that i can't even help singing in my mind. the more i spend my time with him, the more comfortable i get around him. he makes it easy for me to forget my feelings for him — no. let me rephrase that, he made it easier for me to forget my feelings towards bambam.

"lead the way," i said, trying to look cool and collected. we begin to walk towards the lake, and one thing for sure: snow is much more beautiful to look at than to walk in. a couple of times, i put my sneakers in a deeper drift and nearly topple over. but every time that happens, kook grabs my arm and steadies me with that trademark grin. it's perfect.

after a few moments of exertion, during which i manage to completely overheat (thanks to my thick down jacket, bulky wool scarf and hat), we reach the lake. it's in the middle of a big ring of pine trees growing close together. pushing a couple of snow-heavy branches aside, we look out across the frozen expanse. i set my foot gingerly on the ice and slide it back and forth.

"it seems solid," i say. kook leans down and picks up a handful of snow, shaping it into a ball. something about the way he's looking at me makes me back away toward the safety of the trees.

oh no. i knew it, i fucking knew it. i knew it, and yet i still let him lead me into this trap.

"don't even think about it," i say, trying to make my voice sound dangerous and threatening. as i back away, i almost fell over and land butt first into a snow bank.

"think about what?" his fake-innocent expression doesn't fool me. those are bambi-satan eyes!

"i'm warning you, kook!" i crouch to grab some snow for myself, attempting to casually pack it into a ball behind my back, which isn't easy.

"now, now. proper ladies don't start fights," he says, advancing slowly. i back up a few more steps, adjusting my grip on the ball of snow i'm still hiding.

"maybe not. but i'm very good at finishing them," i say before throwing my snowball as hard as i can and take off running. i hear a thwap and kook's startled laugh — i must've gotten him! — and his heavy footsteps loudening as he chases after me.

a snowball zips right by my head. reaching down, i mound together another few fistfuls of snow and spin around, throwing the ball to his direction once more. kook ducks, and looks impressed.

"you have a very good arm," he says, "most impressive."

"i have long arms, moron," i say, feeling a little proud. but my preening moment gives kook the opportunity he needs. he launches a snowball, which hits me in my shoulder with a smash.

"ow!" i cry, pretending to actually be hurt. i bent down and rubbed my fake injury. in an instant, kook comes rushing over.

"lisa, gwaenchana? i didn't mean to throw so hard. where does it hurt, huh?" he looks up at me, his dark eyes full of concern.

it almost makes me feel guilty for lying to him.

almost.

"suck it, jeon!" i stand up and hit him square in the chest with another cleverly constructed snow missile. it left a damp patch of powdery snow on the front of kook's jacket. his eyebrows shoot in disbelief.

"you pulled a fast one," he says, as if it's the sexiest thing of all time. i'm just thinking about my next move, when he pulled the hood of my jacket. i felt my back pressed against his chest, so he turned me around to face him.

he cupped my cheeks, lightly stroking my face with his thumb. he dips his head toward me. "lisa," he whispered, the rasp in his voice making my breath catch.

i lift my gaze to meet his eyes for a moment, before noticing how close our faces are as of now. i looked at his lips, admiring how soft it looks.

"thank you for always making me happy," he said as he removed his grasp on mine. i do not know what it is with me today, but disappointment spread throughout my body as soon as i realized he wasn't going to kiss me.

"let's head back, it's late and your unnies might think we're doing something nasty," he chuckled and casually threw his arm over my shoulder as we wandered back.

maybe it's the hormones doing, but how i wished we were doing that stuff.

[A/N: did u guys watch the show? they were all so gorgeous right? + rosé's solo was catchy as hell! ♥️ all their solo stages were the bomb anw, expect more updates soon as our school would be having a month break. so i'll be having more time to continue writing hehe. thank you!]