Chapter 7-Pain

Diana's POV:

When I stepped into the portal, everything went dark, but it did not continue long, after several seconds I saw the place, a beautiful, but mysterious place.

-Get yourselves comfortable, we have to stay here all night- said Artemis and set on the ground.

-What is this place?-asked Thor.

-Echo's cave.

-Wait, Artemis, you cannot just ask us to sleep calmly when we know nothing about you or what is happening here- I protested and demanded answers to my questions.

-I was hoping that it could wait till tomorrow, but....okay, go on, ask me your questions, sister- sighed Artemis.

-First of all, how are you alive?-began I.

-It would be nice to add ''though I am very glad that you are" but, whatever. A long, long time ago all the Greek deities were thought to be dead, but we were not. We were thrown into the deepest spot of the underworld. Spot, where no one, not a single creature, mortal or immortal can use powers. We were just laid there unconscious. Centuries passed and our brother- Ares returned. His return awakened some magical, ancient forces, we became conscious again, but at first, we were very weak to escape from the underworld. We were waiting for our powers, but somehow Hades got it first, perhaps that was because he was the god of Underworld. Ares was dead, thus he decided to rule the whole planet, for that, he needed to kill you, but he was weak fort this, Hades used all of his powers to escape. Meanwhile, Zeus returned a quarter of his strength and helped us all to escape from the underworld. Now, we, all the Olympian gods and goddesses are hiding in a safe place, place, where I am going to escort you-Artemis finished her story and waited for our reaction.

I was shocked. Several hours ago I was sure that all the Greek deities were dead and my only relative was Hades- an uncle who was trying to kill me. It was not easy to adjust to this new reality.

-Diana, are you okay?-Thor gently touched my hand.

-Yeah I am fine, I am just.... confused.

-I understand it, but it is the good news, is not it? You do not need to fight against Hades alone, we, your family, are going to help you!- Artemis smiled at me.

-She was not alone, I was and I still am on her side- Thor seemed a bit angry.

-Calm down, handsome, no one tries to make you and Diana apart. My father is really gonna like you, by the way, you both are thunder gods- Artemis winked at me.

-Woah, Woah, Woah, what you think is happening between us?-I asked her with an irritated voice.

-Love?

-What love? we do not even know each other well- I looked at Thor when I said these words and I will never forget how disappointed he was.

-Yes, yes... She is right, there is nothing between us- said he and turned around- let's sleep. Something tells me that tomorrow's gonna be a hell of a day.

-Agree- Artemis said and laid on the ground.

I felt ashamed, I wanted to apologize, but I was hesitating. Unfortunately, there was not enough time for me to think, because I felt a terrible pain in my arm, I tried to scream, but the voice did not come out of my mouth. The last thing I saw before passing out was the darkness, horrifying, scary darkness.