Chapter 13- No Matter Where I am

Diana's POV:
It was him. Steve... my Steve. Standing right in front of me, like not a single day has passed since we last kissed.
I approached him and touched his face. It was cold, cold like an ice. What was I expecting? He was dead, living in the underworld.
-Diana... what are you doing here? Please, don't tell me that you died!- I noticed tremendous fear in his voice.
I looked at Thor, but he had already realized that Steve and I needed some space. He left us for a while.
-No, Steve, I am alive... it is a long story.
-What are you doing here?
-I wanted to find one ingredient for antidote for my friend, who is dying from a poison.
-Is this ingredient in underworld?
-Yes, but no need for it, Asclepius will
heal my friend.
-But Asclepius is dead, I have met him here.
I realized that he deserved to know the whole story, so I told him everything. He was quite for a while, than he looked in my eyes.
-This man... or should I say god, is a very honorable, brave and kind as I see and what is more important, he cares about you a lot.
I smiled.
-Yes, he does.
-Listen to me ,Diana, I am very glad that you found someone, I always believed that- he touched my arms with his cold hands.
Suddenly, I felt that I could not say goodbye for a third time, I could not lose him again.
-Steve... I want to stay here, with you.
He seemed surprised, than he gently smiled to me and told me:
-I could not be happier, Diana. We can have a wonderful eternity here. Where I live here, Elysian Fields is an amazing place, we can be together every day, we can sing, dance, talk... do whatever we want to, but... Diana, is that what you really wish for? Don't you think that your life on earth is not finished yet... Don't you think that world still needs you? Don't you think that... Thor needs you?
I looked down. I could not hold my tears.
-I don't want to say goodbye, Steve, please, not this time!- I sobbed and hugged him.
He gently touched my hair with his cold hands, then smiled to me and whispered in my ear:
-You don't have to! I am already gone!
He looked at me and waited for me. I knew that he was right, I knew that I had to let him go, let him go again. I could not speak, I just slightly nodded.
He smiled to me again and I noticed relief in it. I turned around, wiped out my tears and left. Last thing I heard from Steve was:
-I will always love you, Diana, no matter where I am!
My heart broke into thousand pieces, I was feeling tremendous pain, but then I saw him- Thor, golden haired god of thunder, waiting for me. He did not ask me anything and just looked at me with warm eyes, in which I read compassion. I grabbed his hand and as we left the underworld, I realized that I chose him, I chose Thor.