Chapter 10-Typhon

Thor's POV:

          The underworld was not as dark and scary as I have imagined. Even though I was bleeding, exhausted and half-conscious I realized that I had to find the river Styx just like Artemis told me. I could not walk for a while, so I crawled. I could not get rest because I knew that every minute, every second was crucial for Diana.

         I saw the boar near the Styx, I saw an old man with a white beard. That must be a Charon. Artemis warned me about him as well. He turned to me with a shocked look on his face.

-How is that even possible? alive man in the underworld?

-First of all, I am barely alive- answered I- and second, I killed a bunch of monsters to get here.

-Don't you tell me that you, alone, defeated the scariest and strongest creatures of my master.

-I am afraid I have to agree and break your master's heart- I was surprised that I could act cynical when I was hardly breathing.

-I do not believe in you liar! No mortal could do that.

-Who told you that I am mortal?

-You are no god!

-Not one of your universe. Listen to me, Charon. Artemis sent me here, so let me cross the river or you are going to punish me because of disobeying the goddess's command.

           I saw the slight shadow of fear on his face, but still, Charon was hesitating. Then he told me:

-I will do as you say, but I warn you, you will have to face my master and the scariest of his monsters.

-Leave that to me.

      I tried to gain all my powers and set in the boat, then I closed my eyes and fall asleep. I could not remember how much time I have spent in sleep, but when I woke up I was feeling far better.

          I walked on the paths of the underworld and called to Asclepius, but instead, I got face to face with Hades himself.

      The god of the underworld was extremely tall, his hair and eyes were as black as raven and his nose was eagle-like. I grabbed Stormbreaker even though I knew that I was not in shape to fight against him.

-Tell me one reason why shouldn't I kill you right here and right now, Thor, son of Odin.

-So you know me, Hades.

-I know everything.

      My mind was rolling around to find a way of staying alive, not because of my life, but because of Diana.

-I did not know that you were a coward.

-What?- I heard the anger in Hades's voice.

-Only coward attacks one, who is not able to fight, and even if I try to fight, I am weak now, I do not even have half of my powers. If you try to kill me now, with or without a fight, you are going to have the name of a coward, Hades.

      The god of the underworld was silent for a minute, then I saw an evil smile on his face.

-You know what, Thor, you are right! I will not fight you, but... Typhon will.

           With these words, I heard the strange sound and suddenly immense, monstrous serpent giant approached me from the darkness.